Sunday, October 21, 2007

Halloween Attitude

                   Tag by Debbie

I absolutely love what Debbie did with this Halloween tag. If you look closely, the girl disappears and reappears... 

This is probably the 100th time that I say it, but Halloween is my favorite time of the year. It makes me sad to have waited so long to add Halloween tags to my journal, because I keep coming across so many great ones. It just makes me want to add them all to one entry before I run out of Halloween time. LOL...     

                      Tag by Coco

Some people listen to the voices in their head that tells them that Halloween is the day of the devil, that it is about  witchcraft and doing evil and wicked things.  Sorry to disappoint you, but Halloween comes from the Pagan religion. It is simply the day before All Saints Day (Catholic religion) and is followed by All Souls Day (Celtic religion).

On Halloween (the eve of the Pagan new year), it was believed that the spirits of the recently deceased could re-enter the bodies of the living for a chance at an afterlife. Fearing for their souls, the Celts would extinguish all the lights in their houses, and disguise themselves in ghoulish costumes in attempts to save their souls and scare the spirits away.

In the 1840’s the famous ‘potato famine’ struck Ireland. Many Irish fled Ireland in search of refuge and ended up in America as immigrants. Although the practice of “dressing up” on Halloween was already a practice in Europe, this is when the ceremony was brought to America. Today, people all over the world still dress up in costume on Halloween (previously called “All Hallows Eve.”)

On another note, Halloween also gives us the freedom to be silly and have fun and get away with it... Nobody cares how silly or outrageous you look, because they are being silly and outrageous, too... maybe even more than you are!

I have to always remind myself that nanas are only grown up little girls! It is so sad when grown ups lose that childlike quality of daring to enjoy life just because their age has more than one digit in it.

I see it all the time. Women reach a certain age and they start cutting their hair, putting their hair in a bun, dressing old and acting old. The number of digits in your age is irrelevant. If your digits are higher than most, perhaps you need to find friends with digits higher than yours! lol... 

It's your attitude that keeps you looking young~ the step in your walk, the flip in your skirt. It's all about attitude. A youthful attitude is what keeps us strong and looking young.

                      

So... mercy! Where did the time go?! Life hands you lemons and you just get so wrapped up in them that your lips are so puckered up by the sourness of life that you forget that you were once a little girl who laughed and enjoyed life!

When life hands you lemons, throw them back and demand chocolate!!!!! If I had continued to be wrapped up in the lemons of my life, I would have totally missed out on Halloween this year! 

Top on my To Do List tomorrow is to go Halloween card shopping for my little cherub grandbabies. Hopefully, I can find some cute ones at the Dollar Tree.

I hope my daughters are busy getting Halloween costumes for my grandbabies. I want them to experience all the happy Halloween memories that their mommies and I had when they were little cherubs.

 Tag by Winivere

When I started this entry, I had something totally different in mind, but sometimes, my mind takes me in a different direction. Usually, it is right on target with what I need to hear. Now, where did I leave that power saw?!!!!# Oh my!  =.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween too.  Keep that flip in the skirt.  Phan

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaa ROFL at the end of your post .Where did I leave that power saw.This is my kind of humour and it tickled me pink LOL!! I agree all in with you about staying young.I wish my Grandkids were nearer to me at halloween.There would be one Grandma here joining in everything like I hav edone in the pastLOL.The good part is I don't think I have missed out on very much at all LOL!!My mind never grows old.Haaaa.Yes the graphic by Deb is fantastic,she does some great work.I hope you get your cards and all thats needed from the dollar shop.Don't spend up,thats for me to do. Haaaa.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://jorunals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love love love Halloween....and your right there's not much time now left to enjoy my decorations. It's my all time favorite holiday...everyone else can go crazy on Christmas.....Halloween is always my fav.....June:)