Sunday, October 14, 2007

Journal Updates

Today is my daughter Cecilia's birthday. Although I cannot be with her, I baked a chocolate cake, and I will be getting creative making buttercream frosting and decorating it . I am feeling excited about doing that, because the last cake that I decorated was about a year ago. It will be a nice thing to do on a Sunday, and because this is Sunday, I can eat chocolate today, so I am really excited about that! I had planned on just making cupcakes so that I can take them down from the freezer as I need them, but with all of the family birthdays in September and October,  it only seems appropriate to make a cake instead. =.)

                      

Happy Birthday Guy, Angel, Dad, Belle, Grandfather, and Cecilia. =.)

  The big news is that I left the graphic group that I was in ~ not because of my personal problems, but because of something that was said. I will miss the group, because it was the most support that I have ever had in my life. So, now, I am back to being without support, but it is a place of familiar ground, so I should be o.k.

Although I have had this journal for four years and it has been recognized as a good journal, I do not get many comments from readers. I think it is sad that people do not leave comments when they visit someone's journal. Sometimes it is the only support someone has. 

Sometimes it is easier never to have any support at all than to have it, love it, and then, watch it disappear. (Oh, so sad.)

                

                 LOL @ the way I tagged this graphic. I love it...

  Yesterday, I went backwards in my journal to finish an entry that I had bookmarked. If you are reading this and you wish to rewind to the entry, it is called "My Hero's Birthday." It has some insights about some childhood memories and some important notes about what I learned from Grandfather. I have written them down and put them in my pocketbook as a reminder of the most significant person in my life. Sometimes, it is good to go backwards...

Temperatures in the Valley continue in the 90s. Because the weather here is always tropical, I am sad to say that we do not really experience fall. I am looking forward to the weather becoming a little cooler, but if we do get a drop in temperature, it will probably only be in the evenings. Also, it looks as if the moon is becoming full. Sometimes, we get so busy with things that we forget to keep track of wonders and beauty of nature.

 

Halloween is coming up, too, and I haven't even begun to use my Halloween tags. I hope to start using them before Halloween escapes me!! I love Halloween and I love it when the temperature becomes a little cooler, even if it is only at night. This is my favorite time of the year.

 Image by Anne Geddes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love your tags...I want to buy paint pro...or whatever it's called so I can do my own tags but I'm afraid that I'll spend the money and not know how to use it...LOL....June:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you felt the need to leave your group, but there's lots of otther good groups out there. Let me know if you want the name of a couple.
You still have support dear Win, I'm here anytime you need me, just a mouse click away.
I know what you mean about comments, I get a lot...but there are MANY who visit every entry (lurkers) but never comment. Once in awhile I get an email from one. I don't understand why they don't just say HI in a comment. :(
Have a good week.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hi Winivere.  Sorry I have not been visiting.  I just realized that AOL isn't delivering a whole bunch of my alerts.  I don't know what happened.  Anyway I am resetting them and I'll be back.  Happy birthday to all those birthday peeps in your family. : )  love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, Cecilia!  :)  I like the idea of you baking a cake.

I believe I've told you previously, that I can only post comments to your journal or ANY journal, from one of my pc's, which I don't always have access to.  

I hope that this day is a good one for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't always comment...but i always read...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures and art work, very creative. I think this is one of the best I've seen.