Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Charm No. 5

       (Tag by Debbie)

They say that the third time is a charmer, but I guess I have to try a little harder than most, because for me, it didn't happen until the 5th time around...

Yesterday was another day of feeling tired. It scares me to be tired all of the time, because I wonder how my body will react when I finally land a job! Once again, I laid down on the floor and prayed over myself ,and once again, I ended up falling asleep on the floor.

  

Priority on my to do list was to try to see the judge about my car accident. It was a Tuesday, so I reached for red and black. I had to decide if I was going to wear pants or if I was going to wear a skirt. I decided on the skirt, but that meant that I would have to wear pantyhose.

   Because of all the falls my body has been through, putting on pantyhose is a tough challenge for me. It is hard for me to lift my left leg very high, but I can barely lift my right leg at all, so putting on pantyhose is very tricky. Putting on shoes that have to be buckled at the ankle is also very hard. These activities are very challenging for me and take a great deal of time to accomplish. When I am working, however, pantyhose are a requirement, no matter what the temperatures are outside, and since skirts are more economical because they last longer than pants, I do tend to wear skirts four times a week, saving the pants for casual Friday. So after all the huffing and puffing and trying to get my legs to cooperate, the pantyhose are finally on! Whew! What an exhausting job!

I put on a red ruffled top and the flippy black skirt, fix my hair, slip into my black slingbacks, throw on the black jacket, and I am finally out the door.

Guess who was there when I got to the police station! Yep, the woman who kept staring at me on Monday. Well, she continued to get another eyeful of me yesterday, too. Why? Why? Why do women always stare at me?!!!!!!!#

  So I go up to the clerk and hand her my ticket. She goes through papers looking for the policeman's report. She comes back to me and says that the policeman has not turned in the report!

This was the fifth time that I have made a special trip just to be there. I am already getting so tired of this, because I want to resolve this problem before I find a job, especially if the judge tells me that I have to do community service... but I keep quiet... leaving this problem in God's hands...

The clerk takes my ticket and makes a copy for their records. She stamps my ticket, gives it back to me, and says that my ticket has been dismissed with a warning and that I do not need to see the judge.

I didn't think that I heard right. "I don't need to see the judge?" I asked. "No, you don't need to see the judge," she repeated. "Your ticket has been dismissed with a warning and will not show on your record."

I just stand there in shock. I couldn't believe what I had heard.

I walked over to my car, got in it, and cried, thanking Jesus and stroking Jones (my car), telling him that we got through this.

I kept apologizing to Jones. He has been through so much lately. I hope that I will be able to find him a new window.

I will pray to St. Anthony (Saint of Lost Articles) and to St. Jude (Saint of Lost Causes). Hopefully, with their intercession, I will be able to find a window for Jones.

You would think all of this relief would keep me from eating, but no, I still stuffed my face yesterday, and none of it was what was on Tuesday's eating plan. LOL... Hopefully, Wednesday will be better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm glad everything got resolved....June:)

Anonymous said...

OH, yes that is great that this was dismissed!  :)  Yep, sometimes leaving things in God's hands is best......  

Sorry the shoes and hose are still so painful.  I know that my dad couldn't put his shoes and socks on by himself, or off, so I would for him, though his wasn't painful just couldn't reach them (and he felt nothing in his left foot).

And, perhaps the woman is just impressed that you are that well together, or?  You sounded impressive, to me:)