Monday, October 8, 2007

Columbus' Wild Idea

   

Today is the day that Columbus Day is observed in the United States, but Columbus Day is not until October 12, so there will be more graphics later.

Columbus had a wild idea that he should travel west instead of east to reach the Indies. This was unheard of, because at that time, people believed that the world was flat and that he would fall off the edge of the earth. If it hadn't been for his wild idea, would people still believe that the world is flat?

I am grateful that I know how to tell directions without a compass, but I have always wanted to have one just because it is a beautiful symbol of direction. 

                        

Speaking of direction, now that I have recovered from the shock of the car accident I had in September... Was God trying to make  a point by putting me in the center of the crossroad? Was this His intention to make me think about the hows and whys that brought me there?! Was He trying to tell me that I need to slow down in Life? 

Was He trying to tell me that going West to look for a job (staying in the city where I live) would eventually kill me? If I traveled South, I would find myself in Mexico. God knows that I have no place in Mexico! Was He trying to tell me to go North or East to find a job?! I had already thought about North and East,  God. Were You trying to tell me that I need to find a new direction for my Life?

Too much time has passed and my savings are becoming less and less. I can no longer think about relocating North. And I really cannot go East, because I am still under lease at my apartments until January 28.

No, I need to get a job here until I can replenish the monies that I have lost. It would be good if I could be at a better place financially by January 28, because it would be cooler then, and it would be a good time to move.

            

                      

        I have always said that God has a sense of Humor. It's true that sometimes we get too involved in the serious things of Life (like survival) that it keeps us from enjoying Life.

As strange as it may sound, sometimes, God has to hit us on the head to get our attention. I keep telling Him that He doesn't have to get so dramatic, but sometimes, I can feel Him laughing at my reactions, as if He feels that it might be the only way that I will understand what He is trying to say.

The car accident was no laughing matter, though. The accident scared me. I am so grateful that my guardian Angel was awake! 

When I was young, I was totally fearless. It is ironic that as we get older, we are easily frightened by people or things. There is no need to be afraid of the unknown when God is in your heart.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are ok from the accident. hope you find a job soon. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

You will be ok my friend, maybe god was trying to tell you something, A job will soon come your way i am sure, but maybe a change of direction is not a bad thing and something will turn up that bit sooner. Why is mexico a no no?
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Interesting mix of Columbus Day and just what is God's will for us, how is He communicating, etc.  I'm glad to be reminded that thee actual date for Columbus Day wasn't Monday, the day my father passed away.  Not sure if I'll ever forget that.