Sunday, September 30, 2007

REGISTER 13

  

Yesterday, I was standing in line at register 13 at the grocery store. Suddenly, I felt something hit me hard on my lower back from my left side to my right side. A woman was riding a grocery store electric cart in the grocery store and she slammed her cart into me, turning my body with it as she was making a turn. She refused to give me any information about herself. She just kept saying that she was diabetic, etc, etc, and didn't seem to care about hitting me. 

The people at the grocery store tracked her down, but when they took me aside to talk to me, she left the building. They followed her to the parking lot and were able to get some information from her but I doubt if she gave them the correct information. The police were called and they took a report.

I did not take any of the groceries home because there is no way that I could have brought them up the stairs. Makes me sad.

I am hurting so bad. The pain is from the left of my lower back and goes all the way around to my right hip and down to the middle of my thigh. I feel that she probably messed up the herniated disks in my back, but I do not have insurance to see a doctor, so I will do my McKenzie exercises and hope it gets better. 

Also, I have to go see the judge on Monday for the car accident I had earlier this month or there will be a warrant for my arrest.

Please keep me in your prayers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers..wow a lot going on..I'm sorry...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

you can hold the grocery store responsible you know....I work at a grocery store and believe me they are on high alert when anyone gets hurt.  They go out of their way to make sure the person is alright.  I would definately start there and then go to an attorny who will charge you only if they win the case.  You need to do whatever it takes and see a doctor.  Which the store and the attorny will probably pay for....you do have rights.  I would also try to track down that lady.  She should not get away with this,,,,,she will be back to that store....she has to eat.  Being diabetic is not any excuse for hurting someone. Let me know if you need any more advice on this....and I will ask my manager at my job what the usual proceddure is....Take care! xoxBarb  

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barb below!
Since I use one of those carts, I know you have to be very careful when operating one, some of them go an extra ft or two when you push stop.
Saying a prayer for you.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Somebody in J-Land gave me the link to your journal so I will be reading it from here on out....so sorry about your back...you are in my prayers...I hope everything turns out ok.....June:)

Anonymous said...

I would think that the store is responsible.  Good thing it was brought to their attention.

Having those carts are like driving a car.  They have to have insurance.  I would check it out.

Hope you feel much better:)
Niki

Anonymous said...

Ouch Win...Sorry to hear.  I agree with Barb's comment.  You're in my prayers.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers, Win.  Take care!  Jo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! That was something you didnt want to happen. I hope its just bruising and not the disc. Take care.
katie