Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

bestrong.jpgRan into this graphic on the internet and I had to put it into my journal. It is especially appropriate for today, because it is one of the days that we set aside to honor the brave young men and women who have laid their life on the line to defend our country.

But it is also a reminder that we are all soldiers in the Army of God. Many choose to go through life sitting at the sidelines, but we all have the capacity to be a hero.

It only takes one person to change a life. 

Within me is a SUPERHERO who is swift and strong and comes to the rescue of those who need her. I prefer, however, not to wear a cape.

Sometimes in life, we have to fight for what we believe, no matter what it costs us.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our own wings have forgotten how to fly.

Image: http://www.motivatedpixels.com/personal/home.html

THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS (Bette Midler)

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way,
you always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,
a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

CHORUS:
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want youto know I know the truth, of course I know it,
I would be nothing without you.

(CHORUS)

Fly, fly, fly away,
you let me fly so high.
Oh, fly, fly,
so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,
the wind beneath my wings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry. I love it!
I especially love the graphics that you chose for it.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

as usual your entry touched me --Thanks, Mary