Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bridget Jones Finds Her Prince

Kenny ChesneyActress Renee Zellweger. (AP Photo/Louis Lanzano)

Surprised to hear that on May 9, 2005, actress Renee Zellweger married country music star Kenny Chesney. Zellweger wore a Carolina Herra dress for the fifteen minute ceremony on the beach at the Virgin Islands.      

Yesterday, I had to wait for the plumber to fix the plumbing, but I was able to make it to work by noon. When I called in, I asked my boss if he took off points if we came in without taking a bath and he laughed, stating that we are not on a points system. The receptionist was surprised that I had made it to work. She stared at my curly hair, but her expression made me feel that my hair looked ok that way. My boss joked that he knew that I hadnt straightened my hair,  because I hadnt taken a bath. For some unknown reason, he seemed really happy to see me, and extended his hand out as if to motion me into his office. I didnt take his hand, but I follow him into his office. My boss has never done that before. He seemed kind of flirty, actually. He looked at me as if I was there to save him. He seems to pay attention to my production and how I do things, especially since I always seem to have the most hires. So I had to give him a list of the dislocated workers and I provided him with a copy of the letter that I created to verify employment. My boss jokes with us, but he has never acted like that before. It's funny how he always questions if I have a boyfriend. Of course, I always correct him that I have "friends." Sometimes he makes me wonder if he is jealous or if he is just curious. He is married, after all.

Today, we got a new worker and Mr D showed up, too. Mr D jokes a lot with me. We have the same last name. When we worked together on 20th Street, they used to call us Mr and Mrs and we would laugh, but he looks old enough to be my father. Naturally, I thought he was joking when he asked me if I was going to give him my office. What he was trying to tell me is that he is going to be working with us. I thought the new worker was going to be around only until the older lady came back from sick leave, but it looks like he is going to be permanent. I wonder why they are moving people around. Something's up.

No weight loss... I continue to maintain at same weight. I seem to be eating less, though. The last time I saw my younger daughter, she gave me a video with Denise Austin. I had forgotten all about it. I took it out after work today and did the exercises and stretches before I had supper. That was good.

In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail. ~ Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that they got married....from what I heard, they have only been dating for like a month...
Hope you have had a great week!
hugs,
Kathi