Saturday, May 7, 2005

Romance in the Afternoon?!

He walked up to my door, dressed in beige khaki pants and a white T-shirt. No one in sight, this total stranger found his way into my apartment in the middle of what started out to be such a quiet Saturday afternoon. There he was, this hot and sweaty latino with fire in his eyes, moaning, huffing and puffing and pounding harder and harder into the wall. 

Well, actually, he was an older little man, not a big hunk, and he was trying to fix the plumbing in my bathtub... again. Unfortunately, he didnt finish the work and there is still a hole in the wall. Just like a man not to finish the job; isnt it?!

The landlady told me that one of the neighbors told her that I am cute. She told me that she told him that I am probably at least 40 years younger than he is and that he was acting like a dirty old man. That made me giggle, because I dont think he is too much older than I am. The only thing is that I dont care for men my age, because they act and look too old.

My friend Mary is still busy getting her old home ready for the new owners. She ran into some of her old poetry. Looking through your old stuff is like finding yourself again and remembering how far you have come. I wish I hadnt given my old poetry away when I was in high school. One of my old classmates took my poem and had it published, but he didnt put my name on it. You can find my poem at almost every Christian bookstore. I wonder how much money he made from my poem. I can remember it as fresh as the day I wrote it...

What made us good friends, you and I?

I think I know the reason why.

The best in me and the best in you

Held each other, because they knew

That always and always since life began

Our being friends was part of God's plan.

<FONTSIZE=4>I wonder how much money I would have today if I had published my poems. I have had many opportunities to make a substantial amount of money in my lifetime, but I have always followed a different path. I wonder if that money ever finds it's way back to you.

The liquid diet never happened. It would help if I went to the grocery store, but it's too late to get out there now! Going out on a Saturday at this hour is like suicide around here, because there are too many people that come from across the border. Unfortunately, I had to wait for the plumber...  And so, I didnt get to get my car inspected, either. I dont think they do inspections on Sunday; do they?

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.~ Mae West

A man in the house is worth more than two men on the street. ~ Mae West

                                                                

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sounds like you need to flirt with the plumber......
I hope you are having a great weekend!
hugs,
Kathi