Monday, May 9, 2005

Received e-Card

Aww... thanks for the cute card, Suzy. How did you know I needed a hug?! Everybody needs a hug every once in awhile. Even moi. =.)

Morning news features an Afro-American woman who had 23 children~ all single births.

Colored me happy to hear from my daughters yesterday. My older daughter is having plumbing problems, too. How weird is that?! She is having lots of health problems. She says the doctor is putting her on the South Beach diet and she starts it today. I am glad that she will be taking better care of her diet. A lot of illnesses are the result of poor eating habits.

My best friend's graduation is only a few days away. I am still trying to lose weight, but it keeps finding me. Actually, I have worked hard to just maintain at this heavy weight. =.) Thank God that I havent gained any weight. Must keep on trying.

The best way to raise positive children in a negative world is to have parent(s) who love them unconditionally and serve as excellent role models. ~ Zig Ziglar

Never bend your head. Hold it high. Always look the world right in the eye. ~ Helen Keller

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. ~ Erma Bombeck

                                          

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a little ironic that you and your daughter are both having plumbing problems. I hope that you have a good monday!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...


Bombeck was my hero and it is good to see her words.  She too had breast cancer and wrote of it in a funny way.  Her laughter helped me through a Chemo.
HUGS--Mary