Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I Can

 Can - Able (in Sign Language)

As expected, my blood pressure hasnt gone down, so instead of going in to work yesterday, I stayed in my apartment and studied and studied and studied all morning. The final was three hours long, and my brain hurts more than words can say, but I am happy to report that

I passed my final at 96.92%. =.)

I put my favorite sheets on the bed (purple) and I replaced that heavy comforter with the ivory maltasse coverlet and shams that I bought at Tuesday Morning. I wanted white, but the only white maltasse set they had was too big for my bed. The coverlet is embossed with feathers all over it. I dont like the shams, but they match the coverlet, and the crochet bedskirt from the comforter matches perfectly. I may need to look for some extra pillows to add a little color or texture. And I definitely need to change the curtains.

So, the two things I had planned to do have been accomplished and that was enough for such a hard day.

Diet going well. Eating more foods rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium for the high blood pressure. I ran out of fixings to make more salad, so I may need to go to the grocery store today. Love that fresh basil! I'm addicted now. =.)

Ever since I started drinking the diluted pineapple juice, I have been going to tinkle more than usual.  Yesterday, I didnt drink any juice, because I knew the final would be three hours long, but I still made lots of pit stops.

My blood pressure is still up, but I will be going in to work today.

No matter what your dreams are, God's dreams for you are bigger than you can ever imagine. ~ Oprah Winfrey

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons for they are vexations to your spirit. If you compare yourself with others you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your career however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortune of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is. Many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never be cynical about love, for in the face of all avidity and disenchantment, it is perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nuture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars. You have a right to be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be and whatever your labours and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul. With all its shame anddrudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

~Max Ehrmann @ 1927

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your blood pressure starts going down soon. Congrats on your final, thats really great!
hugs,
Kathi