Saturday, May 28, 2005

Make Me Feel Inferior

Ram's friend came to see me so that I could register her for work, as required by unemployment. She looks like a teenager, this 40 something woman, who earns a great amount of money but only has a high school diploma and she cant even type. She was fired from her job. I dont know if she will get unemployment, because the unemployment needs to investigate both sides of the story. When someone gets fired, they usually take the employer's side. She is pending a lawsuit from her previous employer (before this job). Sounds like she is thinking of doing the same with this employer (?)

I always feel drained when I talk to her. She is very loud, as if she wants everybody to know her business. She commented that I have the perfect job and that I buy all of these expensive things with my money. I informed her that I make less than the money she is asking and that you dont have to have money to dress nice; you just have to know how to shop.

She asked me how old I was~ 40? 50?~ and commented: And you look it! (It's surprising how some people try to insult you when you try to help them.) Then she said that she needs to get paid well, because she cannot live on less money. She says she has a boyfriend who buys her clothes and a new car, etc etc. I wondered about the clothes, because she always comes in with the same outfit: a black T and overalls.

She asked me if I got alimony and child support or some other supplement from a boyfriend or a man. When I told her that I do not, she said, What's wrong with you?! She said that I should be making lots of money and that I could come work for her as her secretary, because she doesnt like to do paperwork.

Feeling drained...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would certainly be drained, too!  What's your name?  I would be delighted to chat with you sometime, although I am going out of town for a week.  I'll be back a week from tomorrow.  Take care.

StillGodluvnlady@aol.com or Godluvnlady@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Ugh, what a retched sounding woman. I do not think that I would have been able to control my tongue with that one!
I am sorry that it took me so long to get here...I have had a long weekend!
hugs,
Kathi