Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dead or Alive

A child saw a worm labori­ously crawling along the floor. It had somehow been in­jured. The back part of the worm was dead and dried up, but the front part was a living part, attached by a thin thread.  The poor worm was pulling its dead half across the floor. The little girl ran in and and picked it up, and she said, "Oh, Oscar, when are you going to lose that dead part so you can really live?" ~ from Mary's journal. Thanks, Mary.

Did wellness exercise video before leaving for work this morning. Doing good.

I have been trying to get ready for my trip. I got my car inspected during my lunch hour yesterday and I got the oil changed after work today. I bought some earrings for Belle for her graduation and I found her a really nice card. I hope she likes them. 

I dont have any casual clothes to take on my trip. I would like something that looks nice but is not expensive. I looked around Wal-Mart while I was getting the oil changed, but I didnt find anything that matched. Tomorrow,  I will try K-Mart during my lunch hour. I hope I can find something.

One half of life is luck; the other half is discipline-- and that's the important half for without discipline, you wouldnt know what to do with luck. ~ Carl Zuckmeyer

                                                                        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you find an outfit.
Love,
Kat