Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Eating for Good Health

                     www.emerchandise.com

Looks like the vote was unanimous. I was going to order the checks when I discovered that my bank card has expired and they havent sent a new one. Ughhh... Will need to go to the bank at lunchtime today. Thanks for your help, girls.

I was out sick yesterday... tummy problems. Could I be lactose intolerant or do I have a virus?!  I'm still feeling kind of sick, but I cant afford to stay home another day.

I caught Oprah yesterday. Dr Oz talked about poop. He said meat stays in your tummy until it rots and then it is digested. Sounds disgusting; doesnt it?! He also said that we should poop once a day or at least every other day and the poop should fall into the toilet bowl like a Brazilian diver. He says the poop should be shaped like an S or have a curve. If you do not poop like that, you need to add more fiber and drink more water. Note that there was a previous study that says that drinking eight glasses of water is a false myth.

This show might be disgusting for some people, but it was good information for me, especially because of my thyroid which causes me to suffer from chronic constipation. That is why I try to eat healthy and that is why I feel that it is important to add fiber to my diet.

BookAlt

Powerhouse doctors Mehmet Oz and Michael Roizen describe each integral part of the body (including organs, bones, and immune system) in terms that readers can understand and use. This is a health book like no other.

Nuts, bread, fruits and vegetables

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200505/tows_past_20050503.jhtml

Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember- the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you. ~ Zig Ziglar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Quote--gave me something to think about and a good laugh--Mary