Saturday, May 21, 2005

Another Blushing Episode

Check out this book! The single girl's guide to hooking her man through cooking. Wonder if it is still available. =.)

       

My morning began listening to "I Will Survive." I always like to remember the first song I hear on the radio, because the song usually brings a message or a memory. Every time I have fallen flat on my face, I return to this song. Why am I allowing what happened with "that man" last year to rob me of what is rightfully mine?! I lost so much weight last year, so why did I punish myself by gaining 30 lbs of it back? One good thing is that the scale has not budged in months. At least, I continue to have enough sense to maintain myself at this weight instead of gaining more weight. 

These past few months, I have been paying extra attention to how skinny people eat or dont eat. My friend Johnny loves chocolate and he eats a lot of it, but he always limits his portions at every meal. My boss eats breakfast and supper but he goes without lunch and he plays golf on the weekends. My friend Magda eats sweet bread with coffee in the morning, eats a simple sandwich for lunch and spends the rest of her lunch hour doing something else~ exploring the area or visiting stores, invests in snacks to get her through the day (granola bars and bit o' honey candy) and she eats a good supper. 

In the wee hours of the morning (way before the people of the Valley wake up), I drove into the rich part of town to shop for groceries. I was disappointed that I didnt find what I went for in the first place, but I decided that perhaps it was better to get a few things anyway. I was dressed in a cut up black sweatshirt (very Flashdance; huh?!), a long denim skirt with a slit in the back, and black sabrina heeled mules. A woman ran up to me to ask me where I had bought my skirt. Unfortunately, it is not a skirt that she could just go and buy because it is about six years old.

A friend of mine has lost a great deal of weight. You must drink a whole can of pineapple juice throughout the day. Breakfast is a banana for potassium. Lunch is 1-2 cans of tuna with a smidgen of light mayo to hold it together and a few crackers. Supper is a light balanced supper. I tried his diet in the past but too much of the pineappe juice doesnt agree with my tummy. I didnt lose much weight on his diet, but he has been on it since January, and I suppose this is a "youve got to stick to it" kind of diet; otherwise, it doesnt work. Personally, I think the juice has too much sugar. Still, I thought I would try it again, but this time, I planned to dilute the juice with water to see if that helps.

As I went to pick up some pineapple juice and a few cans of tuna, this cute Italian walks up to me with a bag of rice. He was wearing a chef's hat, a chef's shirt with a thermometer in the pocket and striped pants. He did a quick double take when he saw me, and we started to talk. He said he was going to make a salad and he invited me over to the other side of the store to watch him cook.

I cant believe I spent the whole morning with the chef. We talked a lot! He made several appetizers as he cooked the rice and waited for it to cool, and he made me sample everything. Then he took a bowl, added some "chilies and lime marinade", diced red pepper, diced tomato, fresh basil, diced white cheddar cheese, and some olive oil. He mixed the mixture with the rice and added canned crab meat. He said it is a salad that you can eat all day. The recipe was so simple, but the flavors blended so well together, that I had to go buy everything it took to make it, and I bought a bottle of wine, too.

He made comments about my skirt, adding that he liked imagining what was underneath it. ::: BLUSH:::  (The back of my skirt does show a lot of leg, but the rest of the skirt is modest.) He said some girls wear really short skirts, but he doesnt like that, because it better to imagine what is under a skirt.  ::: BLUSH::: 

Unfortunately, the chef is married... sighhhh

The chef was in pretty good shape. He eats well; good flavorful meals but limits his portions. Being on a diet for so long makes me not want to be on a diet. Being on a diet makes me feel so deprived of the foods I love. Like the chef, I want to eat well, but I will try to limit my portions.

                                                

Still, IF I can lose at least 10 lbs, that will help me to look better in my clothes; right?!

Speaking of looking better, I caught a glimpse of the makeovers on Oprah yesterday. Looks like millions of women are wearing the wrong size bra. Talk about proof at what a difference the right size bra can make! Wow! Those women looked like they had lost weight just by wearing the right bra and the right clothes to flatter their figure. Must go shopping for a new bra!                     

I Will Survive

At first I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
Oh as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive (hey-hey)

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
But now I hold my head up high
and you see me
somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person
still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in
and just expect me to be free
and now I'm saving all my loving
for someone who's loving me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
Oh as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive
[x2]

              ~ sung by Gloria Gaynor   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great trip to the grocery store..lol, too bad that the chef was married...::sigh::
hugs,
Kathi