Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Queen & Her Knight

Is my journal sick? With the new AOL upgrade it seems as if it took longer to come up...

This is another tag where I used a mask. I think it is so Winivere. lol...

I love this queen and her knight... Her dress is breath-taking. I can only imagine how much time it took to make the dresses of that era... Whatsmore, I love that the artist chose to have a Queen, instead of a King, to perform this honor... Almost makes you think that we are running behind the times; doesn't it?!

The background I chose for this tag is different from the original print. I love the castle. It almost looks like a big cathedral... a big reminder that  even when we only have but a little bit of courage or a little bit of strength, our strength and the strength of God combined will help us to achieve things that we never knew we could do.

The quote by Eleanor Roosevelt is one of her greatest quotes... It takes great courage to look at fear in the face... I wish I had been able to write it all on this tag, but I used the text tool in animation because my text tool in PSP is not working... The text tool in animation is not as versatile as the one in PSP.

The man of my dreams is a man of honor... but that kind of man is very hard to find... but then, that is another entry all by itself... lol

The real print of this Queen and her Knight has a special place in my apartment. It hangs beside a large statue of St. Michael, my little place of prayer and solitude...

I have had a good week with my new graphic group. I made three blinkies, two tags with masks, and I entered a tag in a contest... The work of these ladies is remarkable... I hope my tags will become as beautiful as theirs one day and I hope I will continue to learn more next week...

The telenovela with Mario Cimarro ended last night. It will not be easy to live without him next week. LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday your prince will come Win...LOL.  Very nice tag.  I love you Siggy too.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well with your tags. Win.  good on you.  The queen could almost be our queen when she was a very young woman not nowadays when she is in her 80s. although she is still looking very good for her age.  Have a nice weekend.  Love Sybil ...from Sunny Box in Wiltshire...

Anonymous said...

Nice tag, good work. Who's the new group? Not with Deb any longer?
Have a good wkend.
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that Cimarro is leaving you for a while :( But he'll be back, lol.

In the mean time, maybe you can find some other tasty man candy, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are doing great.  I haven't tackled the masks or done any blinkies this week.  I'm doing the lessons in my yahoo group.  Maybe later today I'll tackle thises projects.  I love the "Knighting" and your siggie is adorable.  hugs,  Bethe