Thursday, June 19, 2008

Learning to LOVE Myself

 
I got dressed this morning only to get undressed... Just as I was gathering my things to go out the door, there was an unusual sound coming from the living room... It was the phone and it was ringing... LOL
 
I have another interview after 5 p.m. today... Short notice; don'tcha think?!#... So off with the outer clothes so as to be able to tolerate a few more hours in my "sauna" apartment... Perhaps I should invest in an "at-home bikini wardrobe"... ha ha... Scary thought...
 
So anyway... the interviews I had on Tuesday went fine, because I was not nervous... The interview I had after 5 p.m. went into supper time, because the interviewer was running an hour and fifteen minutes behind. Grrr...
 
I have not had a chance to send out my Thank You notes... Hopefully, I will be able to mail them off this evening... if the interview I have after 5 p.m. today doesn't take too long...
 
I know it is stupid, but I am beginning to doubt if I will ever get a job... Lord, I am applying and I am going to the interviews... You know I have put in my two cents about the jobs that I feel are the best for me, but you also know that I have been without work for so long that I am afraid to fail at the next job... I will continue to go through the motions, but I am still waiting on your decisions for my life...
 
Rejection is so hard, my Lord... Please do not allow my lack of self-esteem to cause me to lose out on a great opportunity...
 
Help me to find my place in the world...
Help me to make a difference in the world...
Help me to leave my mark in the world...
 
 
The phone played a trick on me last night... I thought it was Daniel... but it was Joe... He called to find out who I was and if he should throw out my phone number out or not... LOL...
 
I have never been set up before, but a mutual friend from a previous job wanted us to meet... That was over a year ago... After I lost my job, I felt very embarrassed, so I didn't pursue it...
 
I can only imagine him calling her up today to find out details about moi. (giggle)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iwondered where you were ,So pleased you still feel like going for these interviews so much good luck dear ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

good luck with the interview...cant believe its letting me actually leave a comment, lol...if that guy wanted to go out do u think u would?

Anonymous said...

I am praying hard win you get one of the positions you have interviewed for.You have worked so hard on these interviews I believe you should be offered one of them.Thinking of you always.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Don't lose faith Win.  The right job WILL come along when you least expect it.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good Luck hun....kisses,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the rainbow doesnt come until after the storm............   it's got to be so discouraging sometimes.  Hang in there.  God must have something special in mind for you, I sure hope?!  And, hmmm about the guy.  Well, a good man will understand your situation, learn of your character and who you are.  That is actually more important, anyway.

Anonymous said...

i just thought of something..have you tried going to job seeking agency? like Kellly services or Manpower? I know a couple people who had gotten temporarily then got hired fulltime by these companies (one at factory and the other to an investment firm)
honestly, i was called twice (this is years ago) but I never showed up because at that time I was not driving yet.
needless to say, they never called me back. But I do know it works.
Gem :-)