Saturday, June 14, 2008

Confidence

 

For the past two weeks, I have been trying to re-train myself to wake up at 6:00 a.m., to prepare myself for when I get a job… I wake up on time, but my eyes stay closed and I do not get out of bed until the alarm has stopped playing all that morning music. LOL @ that means I would be late to work… Must keep trying… Perhaps next week will spell victory against the clock...

I took a jar of jam from my kitchen cupboard and a new bar of soap from the bathroom cabinet… no idea whatsoever of where I was going…

I was hoping not to be rejected for showing up unannounced, but the phone number in the newspaper was a fax number. I arrived at the address on my planner and I signed in… putting my jar of jam and the new bar of soap in the appropriate bins…

First on the agenda was a Self-Defense demonstration. Although my partner was much taller than I was, she seemed soft and weak. She was surprised at how strong I am for being such a little person…

I learned a few moves at how to handle different kinds of holds from an attacker. It was so much fun, and I was so grateful that I showed up in comfortable clothes and comfortable shoes.

The second talk was on Woman’s Heath, so I headed straight for the massage table while I listened to the woman talk. (It was my partner from the Self-Defense demonstration!) Oh, my! I had battled against an important person! How grand!

The massage person had magic fingers and magic hands. If I could, I would have stayed on the massage table for the rest of the morning. LOL…

I really do not remember what the third talk was on. LOL @ blame it on the massage… I must have been on Cloud 9…

Somehow I made it over to the manicure table… OMGG! Was I lucky or what? The young girl who gave me the manicure was the instructor! She gave me a fabulous French manicure. Oh, so chic! I keep looking down at my hands in amazement.

I wish my manicure would keep until after my interviews on Tuesday, but I have to wash dishes, so I really, really, doubt it…

After that, people from Sephora showed up with a live make-up demonstration. The color expert took an older woman and gave her a day look, and then, an evening look. The transformation was remarkable.

I will need to practice what I learned on my own face, although I do not have all of the makeup that she used on that woman‘s face… It was awesome to see her just draw all over that woman’s face, and then, just blend! Must put it on my “things to do” list…

I was especially impressed by the brushes. The one I want costs $35. Oh my goodness!!!! I wonder if Sally’s has the same brush at a cheaper price… Will need to pay Sally a visit…

Then, she took a young girl and gave her the “smoky eye” look. Wow… was it really the same girl we saw earlier?!

It is amazing what make-up can do. I wonder what miracles it could do for me!!!! It would have been nice if she had used me as the model… Sigh…

One tip my readers might find helpful is to use foundation that matches the color of your neck instead of the color of your face or your hand or your wrist.

After my exciting morning, I rushed to get home for my PSP class. My AOL is so slow in opening up, but the leader was a little bit late, so I was able to make it just in the nick of time. This is not the tag we made in class today. Will post it at a later time... maybe. LOL

I have been looking for a new church home. I will be going to a different church tomorrow to see what the services are like there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do love your Marilyn Monroe don't you?  My earache is back with a vengence tonight.  I put the drops in but have been forced to take the drugs.  Waiting for them to kick in so I can go to bed in peace.  Guess I will have to go back to clinic on Monday.  Grrrrr.  Sounds like you had a fun morning.  Enjoy your church experience and pray for my ear please.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day oh to be pampered Great Marilyn stuff ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Your tags are great Win xx  Sounds like you had a great day of pampering and learning :)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife