Friday, June 20, 2008

Feelings Of Flowers

Good or Bad Karma?!#

In the news, registered sex offender Fred Topous Jr. won the $57 million Mega Millions jackpot from the June 13, 2008, drawing. That was last week!

Convicted bank robber Timothy Elliott won $1 million from a scratch ticket in November 2007. A Massachusetts judge said Elliott can keep the money, even though buying the ticket violated the terms of his probation.

OMG... HOW CAN THAT BE?!# Here we are scraping pennies at the gas pump and at the grocery store... Is it time to play the lottery and start buying those scratch tickets? I have never won anything in my life. I am as unlucky in games of chance as I am in love... I guess love could also be called a "game of chance." Hummm... there's a thought...

The background challenge I created yesterday and the Janet Jackson mirror image both have the same background except that Janet's wings hide the magnificent view... I wasn't very pleased with either creation... I think my settings might be off... I will try to re-make Janet's image at a later time... not today. lol

The creation in this entry is the result of this week's Tube Challenge. It is not animated, but I think it is enough... very soft... Love the colors... The plumeria flowers almost look like inpatients, my Grandmother's favorite flowers...

I love purples, but I notice myself being pulled towards the color sage... in jewelry and home decor... Sage just looks so calming... Maybe it is because of all the stress that I go through everyday...

I try not to think about stress... I am going through the motions of job hunting... I really, really want to put in my two cents worth to God about whether I like one job possibility over the other, but in the end, I know it will have to be His decision and not mine... This week was a total surprise ~ with three interviews all in one week! I wasn't too nervous... I am just putting them all in God's hands...

I was very shocked to receive some "toilet paper" money as an early birthday present from my "friend" Daniel. (LOL)  That was very unusual to receive money from Daniel, but it came at a good time... What is shocking is that I was only expecting about $5... I probably should have saved the money, but I must admit that, although I tried to be conservative with it, I think I went a little wild with it... I put gas in my car, bought some $4 flowers to go by Grandmother's picture, a bar of chocolate, Angel Soft toilet paper, some cheap mascara, Resume paper, a one-gallon pitcher (my previous pitcher had a hole in it), chocolate ice cream (lol) and a few groceries.

Looking at my list, it doesn't sound extravagant... It's just unusual for me to buy the little luxuries like chocolate, ice cream, fresh flowers, a new pitcher, and soft toilet paper. LOL... Fortunately, I still have enough to cover next month's rent, so I think it was ok to spend the money that I received from Daniel. The problem is that I am feeling a little guilty about it... Stupid guilty feelings. LOL

T.G.I.F.!!! LOL @ I am beginning to love Fridays. I have to go to the employment center today. Wish I could just stay in and sleep. =.)

 This is one of my first siggys. Why is it so small??!!! Must investigate to see if I can get it back to the right size...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My aunt Beth used to say that we need both bread and roses in our life.  So, you did deserve this:)  I'm glad you got to do this, and oh I do understand sometimes even a $1.80 item is a splurge, and well, gas in the car ugh.....  

Anonymous said...

stopping by to say hi and wish you a wonderful weekend.  (((((hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

yeah its crazy seems like the people who dont deserve things are the ones with all the luck, the only kinda luck i have is bad luck,lol

Anonymous said...

Just keep your eye on the ultimate prize Wini.  Those people that gain riches on earth and don't appear to deserve them still have their day of judgement coming.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

It doesnt seem fair does it ? Aww Win your day will come ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend:) don't give up when DH was out of work it took forever for him to find another but like i told him God closes one door and opens another

Deb