Friday, June 13, 2008

Love & Chocolate

 
All I really need is LOVE
but a little
CHOCOLATE
now and then doesn't hurt!
~ Lucy Van Pelt
 
LOL @ Lucy is hard to love, but I like this quote. My favorite Peanuts character is Linus. He's the sweetest thing! (smile)
 
I have never felt the TGIF fever before, but with all this job hunting, I am feeling it NOW... I hope that is a good sign!
 
Yesterday, I was playing with Tidbit, blowing bubbles with a bubble wand at her. LOL @ it was so much fun and she loved it, too.
 
Then, I went shopping... in my own closet... I pulled out the black and white skirt-suit that I got from dress for Success, and I started from there... trying to find the biggest clothes in my closet that might fit or stretch to fit... trying to select the pieces with the material that looked the nicest even if it isn't... and trying to find just the right colors...
 
I will have an at-home mini-fashion show this weekend to see if the few pieces I have will work together and to see how many looks I can get from them.
 
The shoes that I got from dress for Success are so comfortable, but they look worn. I will need to polish them up to see if I can get them to look better...
 
The purse comes apart if you are not careful, but it looks nice, so it will do or awhile...
 
Then, I dumped my jewelry on the bed to see if I could find some matching pieces. OMGG @ I have very limited earrings and most of them do not match or there is only one... Also, the necklaces people sell or make are always so short... I want to buy a crimper so I can teach myself to make earrings and rethread the necklaces I have so I can mix the stones the way I want them... More work for me, but it will be worth it... Fortunately, I have enough jewelry pieces to get by...
 
That was a fun shopping trip,
but it was exhausting!
Time for a chocolate break. =.)
 
I can hardly wait for the Fashion Show.
LOL
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a productive shopping trip to me : )  Love the Chocolate tag~may I use?  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Aww, I wished I could've seen the bubble show.............

Anonymous said...

You are so inventive Wini ... I'm sure the fashion show will be a huge success...lol.
Tags are great GF.        Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the shopping trip with you lol ,yes  I like things to co ordinate too ,I have even been known to change my nail polish at the last minute cos it wasnt ....quite right lol ....,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun having a fashion show.  You are so creative.  I know you'll come up with something.  I'm trying to play catch up here and not doing a great job of it.  Love both of the tags!  HUGS Chris