Monday, April 4, 2005

Journal Change

Because of the change to daylight savings time and because of the change in my schedule at work, I will need to start doing my entries at night. It will be sad not to start the day out with an entry.

                                 ~ artprint by Alberto Vargas

My friend, Ram showed up at work today and brought me some cinnamon rolls with nuts. That was sweet of him to do that, even though it blew my diet for the day!

Tomorrow is Profile Day, and I had to wash my hair. Ughhh... I do not know how to blow dry it straight, so it is back to my curls again. I hope it looks ok, because it is much shorter now, which means it will curl more. God, please dont let me look like Orphan Annie tomorrow; otherwise, the people will be staring at my hair instead of listening to my presentation.

I walked eight laps tonight. That's two more laps than last time, so that is good. I wish I had been able to walk two more, because that would have been three miles, but that was all that my back could take, for now, and that's ok.

Of course, my back might also be hurting, because I moved my desk from my bedroom into the living room yesterday. According to Feng Shui, my desk is in the Helpful People bagua. My house is in a mess. I am trying to reorganize, so that I can find a place for everything. I really really need to get rid of some things, because this apartment is too small. I like my desk in the living room, because it will make the bedroom less crowded, I hope. I had to make a trail yesterday to get to my bed. LOL... One step at a time. =.)

I have missed my moonlit walks with God. I was disappointed that there was no moon out tonight. Venus was the only "star" in the sky. It's funny that when we were kids, we didnt know we were making a wish on a planet instead of a star. I ate too much this evening, though, which made it hard to walk, because I was too full. It was kind of scary to see the shadow of my overweight silhouette with each step that I took. I couldnt help but remember Mary's words about feeling embarrassed to go out in public for a walk.

If I dont want to progress through this weight-loss journey, I can keep the same routine, I can eat as much as I want whenever I want, I can be a couch potato for the rest of my life, and I can buy even bigger clothes. Is that what I want? NOT!

A life that is spent being overweight is a live that is only half-lived. ~ Oprah Winfrey

Think Thin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that your hair looks cute. I have natural curly hair and I blow dry it straight every morning. It just takes time to pull the curl out of it.That is why my hair is short. You will get used to it. Sorry to hear that your back is hurting. I hope that it will feel better in the morning.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get out and walk by myself but for right now I have kids to take with me. Sounds nice and peaceful :)  I hope your back is feels better soon!

Talk to you Soon
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Winn--you got your hair cut and highlighted!!!! sounds good--if I were a little braver I would add some highlights but mine would be darker streaks to hid a few gray hairs!!!  It sounds like so much fun that I may just do that.  Walking in the moonlight is not safe where I live--but I have often thought of walking in the peaceful night.  Your entries are a part of my day--Thanks, Mary

Anonymous said...

Ah Win,  You are beautiful no matter what your hair style is...remember, I've seen your picture!  
I'm sorry your back is hurting, but moving a desk will do that!  I shampoo'd carpets on Sunday, so I spent yesterday the same way!  Sigh....
I'm missing you...did you get the email about which journal I am using?
http://journals.aol.com/tracyj1127/SEARCHINGFORTRACY/   this is the one.
TTFN!!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

2 more laps...well, that means that you walked off those cinnamon buns!
I hope that you continue to do well with your diet..and dont worry, my house is a mess too!
hugs,
Kathi