Friday, April 15, 2005

The Beauty Within

I got on the floor yesterday and did a few stretches and leg lifts. I havent been doing very well with my diet. Today, I had a salad, but I was so hungry that I topped it with a candy bar, a payday candybar, if you must know. I do not know if I have lost weight, but I feel that I have lost inches, because my jacket felt a little loser and my skirt didnt fit as tight. 

This picture of Marilyn probably will disappear, as all the other pictures have misteriously vanished, but I hope it doesnt. It's good to know that Marilyn had to work hard to achieve that perfect body of hers. Gives me hope, because I know that underneath the excess pounds I now carry is an hourglass figure.

I struggle to get my body to look like the body I want.When I look in the mirror, it is hard for me to think of this overweight reflection as attractive. Although men do not tell me that I am pretty, I notice that women do. My friend, Magda, once told me that when women notice you, it is the most extreme form of flattery.

Sometimes I think that people see the woman on the outside as more attractive than she is, because they see the beauty of the heart of the woman within, the Woman in the Glass Box.

God sent me a surprise today. I received a phone call from an employer whom I mistook for the other employer who took me to lunch the other day. Their voices are so much alike that it is hard to distinguish one from the other. We got into conversation and agreed to have lunch next week. He called later in the day to ask me out for dinner this evening. I agreed to have lunch with him next week instead. =.) The chase is always wonderful; isnt it?! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Win,
It sounds like you have a harem of men. You are always being asked out. That is so cool. Enjoy your lunch date next week.
Love,
Kat