Friday, April 29, 2005

Heavy Burdens

Girl-holding-glass-of-waterHow heavy do you think this glass of water is?
It doesnt matter how heavy it is. What matters is how long you hold on to it.


If I hold it for a minute, it is OK.
If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance.
It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier.

When things weigh you down, allow yourself time to put that burden down for a moment, rest for awhile, and then come back to it. Allowing yourself time to do this may allow you the opportunity to see things in a different light, to pick up where you left off, and/or just make it easier to carry on.

No tengas miedo.
Mira al cielo...
Siempre en FE. ~ Tony Melendez

Tony Melendez~ born without arms. Plays guitar with his toes and a club foot. Sang and played guitar for Pope John Paul.

(Be not afraid. Look to heaven... always in faith.)

No comments: