Monday, April 25, 2005

Girl Friends

            

I talked to my best friend on the phone yesterday. Belle lives in Corpus Christi, and she keeps trying to get me to go back to Corpus. It is clear that my heart is by the sea.

As you may remember, my best friend will be receiving her Master's degree in May. Talking with her is like regressing into my youth. It's like a couple of little kids at camp ~ all girltalk and giggles and reminiscing over old times and potential boyfriends. Of course, she got all over my case, because I was her inspiration to return to school in the first place. Because of my example, she decided to return to school to try for her Master's. I stopped going to classes, because of the distance, but mostly because the expense comes out of my own pocket and it just got to be too expensive. Belle was fortunate that her employer paid her tuition and books. She has completed all of her classes and now she can breathe and recooperate until graduation day. I am so overjoyed for her. She has worked so hard for this. 

Her graduation is only about two weeks away. Where has the time gone?! I wasnt paying attention and time just slipped by like a thistle in the wind. It is sad that I will not be able to fit into the suit that I wanted to wear to her graduation. I will have to find something else to wear. It's my fault for eating too much at night, I know, I know. Bad Win, bad! As for exercise, well, I tried to wear my heels today, but my leg and my hip still hurt from my fall last week. I dont know if I will be able to walk tonight, but I am going to try to walk for at least 15 minutes.

       

         http://www.thealit.de/lab/LIFE/LIFEfiles/r_03_1.htm

Belle hasnt exercised or gone to church since she returned to school, which is about three years. When I saw her last, I was surprised that she had gained weight and that I was thinner than she was, but since then, I have gained weight. She says she has started walking and has already lost a few pounds. It would be nice to lose a few pounds before her graduation. I will try.

My friend, Magda, was transferred from the office where I used to work at. She is going to replace the man that will be leaving us on Wednesday. It will be sad to let Johnny go, because he is my puzzle buddy, my joking buddy, my chocolate buddy, my coffee drinking buddy. He is just an awesome personality. But I am glad that it is Magda who will be joining us. The manager at the other office is the reason why we have all left that center: Magda, the receptionist, and I. She says that she lost 30 lbs from all the stress at the other center. It is a lot of work and it is hard when someone is out, because we have very few staff, but after only one day, Magda has already noticed the difference.

An hour spent in the company of friends is worth more than ten hours spent in the company of strangers. ~ Chinese Fortune Cookie

No comments: