Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Blowing In The Wind

            

                                      ~ Marilyn Monroe and Chanel No 5 ad

Yikes at new hairstyle. Woke up sporting a Don King, combed through it and it looked worse. Rolled it in a few hot rollers to take out the curl and did some Tai Chi exercises while the rollers did their magic. I left the house looking very Monroe in my black skirt-suit, leopard tank, brown slingbacks and leopard purse... and then, I stepped into the wind and my hair frizzed up. Dang......

Too many changes at work. We hate having to go in on Saturdays. Now they tell us we have to make copies of everything we do and start a file on everybody we see and all the assessment and paperwork we do for them. They are running scared and it is trinkling down to us. I hope they dont get the contract in September. Why do they always put such idiots at the top?!

They also changed the Worker Profile program to change on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays, which means the people will not receive the letters in time for their appointment, AND they changed the letter format. Because the format goes through the capital, it's not as if I can change the format, because the program lets them know who received letters and who showed up and who didnt. I had to ask special permission to change the appointments to Thursdays instead. I think my boss was having a hard time with the change as well, because he already did a calendar, but there are other people coming in on Tuesdays anyway, so maybe it will work out.

I am almost done with the online training at work. I am scared to take the final, because if you dont pass it, you have to pay $75.00 out of your own pocket. It is just so much information: thirteen courses. I will have to make time to study before I take the test. I'm afraid that when I pass it, I will have to be a caseworker and I want to stay in employment services.

This has not been a good day for dieting... perhaps because I didnt start out the day with an entry?! Perhaps because of the stress? Perhaps it was the frizz in my hair? BUT I did do some Tai-Chi this morning and I still plan to take my moonlit walk with God later this evening.

                      

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that verse in proverbs...its one of my favorites.
I hate that you are dealing with so much change at work, I truly know the feeling because I am dealing with lots of change and stress at work as well.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I hope everything calms down at work for you! don't let it stress you out to bad.

Suzy

Anonymous said...

Your giving me a lesson in stick-to-it- ness.  You are one solid gal. Ya work, study and to add to this ya are in the mist of change on the job.  Ya know,  you are amazing--study is the only way and you are looking good --SOOoo, go forth and conquer!!!--Hugs&prayer, Mary