Sunday, April 10, 2005

Good Investments

 

from the movie: How To Marry a Millionaire

For some reason, Marilyn always loved white terry robes. Yesterday, I made a trip to Stein Mart, and found this luxurious white Ralph Lauren terry robe for $50.00, which is much lower than the more expensive stores, but still kind of high for my purse. But because it was 30% off, I decided to take a chance. After all, if I didnt like it, I could always take it back. And then, I slipped it on, and it was at that very moment that I discovered why Marilyn loved these robes so much.

      

Because I live alone, it is so easy to get dressed without worrying about who is going to see me naked, but when company comes over unexpectedly and whenever I go to visit relatives, then what?! Let me tell you that, at the moment, I am washing clothes, and wearing this robe, I can wash all my undergarments, too! Isnt that amazing?!! I can imagine hanging my robe behind the door and being covered up enough to receive that unexpected company at the drop of a hat.

The salesclerk and I got into good conversation about the clothes at Stein Mart. My biggest complaint about the clothes there are that all the suits are lined. That is ok if you live in colder climates but not if you live in a tropical climate all year 'round. And then, of course, I really dont want to spend that kind of money on clothes that will be too big if I lose weight... oops... WHEN I lose weight. =.) I got her on a roll and inspired her to lose some weight; would you believe?! Sure wish I could inspire myself thatfast! 

           

                                                ~Marilyn eating chocolate.

When I was at the Post Office, a stupid girl hit my breast with her purse trying to get in front of me, because she was in a hurry to get home to have sex. (I know this because of her conversation on her cell.) The guy behind me said something interesting:

If chocolate can fix your relationship, you are in the wrong relationship. Now there is food for thought! By the way, the guy did express a big love for chocolate.

As for my new haircut, well, as you remember, I was sooo stressed from all that frizz from attempts to straighten it with my hair dryer, so I made a special trip downtown to a beauty supply store. I walked in asking for a diffuser, but it was clear that I was so clueless about hair straightening and diffusers and blow drying, that the salesgirl introduced me to a flat iron instead.

She took me to the front and actually used a flat iron on my hair to demonstrate it's ability. So I was ready to buy it when I discovered that I had left home without my bank card. She said she'd wait for me after closing time, so I went home to get it. When I returned, all of the lights were off on the entire block! They could not accept any form of payment, because they needed electricity to do the transaction, so she agreed to wait for me while I went to the bank to draw money from the ATM. Whew! I made three trips downtown that day, but it was worth it!

Before the flat iron, my hair looked like Don King. The first day I used the flat iron, my hair lookedlike the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. The second day, I tried curling my already straightened hair and it looked a little better. Whatsmore, the style has lasted for several days. Yesterday, was the ultimate test, because I would have sworn I was in Chicago! The wind blew it every which way, but when I got out of the wind, my hair came back to where it originally was. Amazing.

FYI: For those of you who might be as clueless as I am about these things, you must use a flat iron on clean, dry hair. That means no mousse, no gel, nothing. The one I bought is angled. It is ceramic.

   

MEGA HOT?

CERAMICS PROFESSIONAL ERGO STRAIGHT?

1" CERAMIC STRAIGHTENING IRON
Features:

  • 1" ceramic heating plates
  • Quick 30-second heat-up
  • Ceramic Heater
  • Instant heat / Instant recovery
  • Temperature range 200° - 400°F
  • Power indicator light
  • Removable heat shield with guide teeth
  • 9-ft. swivel cord

    Ergonomic handle allows for a natural hand position while straightening.

  • This flatiron is by Belson Products.

  •                     

    Next step... 

    to get into the clothes in my own closet. =.)      

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Well I am glad you found the flat Iron I have one I just never use it. My hair is curly and wavey even a flat iron don't help mine it it will draw right back up lol..
    You will reach your next goal I need to get into my old clothes also urgh!! Good Luck to ya..

    Suzy

    Anonymous said...

    My hair seems to get frizzier every month--whats that all about!!???  Hot curlers helps mine a bit until the heat of the day starts-- this is all new to me, I got curly hair after Chemo 11 years ago, now its frizzy.   Glad to hear you have yours under control.  I love reading your journal--Hugs, Mary