Friday, April 22, 2005

FEED ME! FEED ME!

                            BARRON'S THE COCKATIEL HANDBOOK

I got dressed for work yesterday morning and was on my way out the door when my cockatiel started screaming, "Feed me! Feed me!"

Birdseed in my hand, I tripped, knocked over the chair, and landed on top of the chair. I hurt my right ankle, my knee, and my right hand. My bird put her head down as if to say, "I'm sorry." She looked so full of guilt.

If I were telling this story to my mother, she would have asked if the chair was ok. It's funny that the older lady at work asked me the same thing. I tell you, it's like working with my mother! STRESSSSSS... no wonder I'm having a hard time losing weight this time around. =.)

Yes, I got a pretty good push from my self-talk yesterday, but I couldnt go out and walk, as I had planned, because of the fall. I was so unbalanced that I almost fell again on the other side of the room. I called my boss and stayed home yesterday morning, but it was Worker Profile day, so I told him I would be back in the afternoon.

After lunch, I almost killed myself again, driving. I was traveling behind a car who passed a car in front of him. The car in front of him had Mexico plates and was traveling 15 miles per hour on the expressway. Because the car was out of sight in front of the car that was in front of me, it felt like the car came out of nowhere, and it was hard to slow down in back of him.

The angels were definitely with me!

With all of this stuff happening, I felt like I should go back home, go back to sleep, and come back the next day instead, but I managed to get to work.

Friends are angels who help us to our feet when our own wings have forgotten how to fly.

                               

I am beautifully and wonderfully made by my Creator. I am the Woman in the Glass Box. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day. I hope your knee and ankle is okay now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fall yesterday and your bad day. Hope things are going your way today.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

wow!  Some days are a mess, yours has come and gone.  I hope today is better and your arm and leg are less sore today.  BIG OL' HUG,  Mary