Saturday, April 16, 2005

Alternative Reality

Alternative reality

Alternative Reality~ Painting by Josephine Wall

Everytime I place this painting in my journal, it disappears. I love this painting by Josephine Wall, because it reminds me of the Woman in the Glass Box. The woman is trapped between two worlds~ the world to which she is familiar and finds comfort vs the world to where she was once a Princess.

Like the woman in this painting, life is about choices. I know I am a Princess, but sometimes in life, it is easier to stay within your comfort zone, and I have been stuck in my comfort zone for too long. Everything has become too routine. I am not ready to make big changes, but a few small changes would be good.

I got up early and went to the grocery store on the other side of town. I wore a black shirt, black slacks, sabrina heel mules, pink heart dangle earrings, a pink pearl bracelet and a pink ring. It was amazing how many men that worked there were eager to help me with my selections. There was a really cute guy in the produce department. =.) I dont have casual clothes to run errands or to go out, but I have to make an effort to go out dressed like a lady instead of wearing sweats or dressing too juvenile. When I saw my reflection in the frozen foods section, I wasnt thin, but I looked like a lady, and that was good. I havent lost weight, but I havent lost hope.

Some changes I would like to make:

  1. To find different routes to return to my apartment
  2. To find a nice man to go out with.
  3. To have nice clothes for socializing.
  4. To dress nice when I run errands
  5. To shop at stores that are not in my neighborhood
  6. To free my "free time" for more fun things
  7. To clean house and wash clothes during the week
  8. To take better care of my body
  9. To get my waistline back
10. To be more organized
11. To get rid of the clutter

You dont have to be thin for someone to be attracted to you. You dont have to be thin to dress nice. You dont have to be thin to do nice things for yourself or to take yourself to nice places.

                  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture--I wonder which way she will go??  I hope she doesn't just stay in one spot and spin.
I know your not spining Winn, you go out -and-about and see new things --go forth and conquer!!!!  Love, Mary

Anonymous said...

I am sweat shirts and big tee shirts queen lol. I don't care what I look like most the time cause I think people only see's the fat anyways. Wearing big clothes people always asks if I am pregnant :( now I am trying to look more ladie like. You have very reachable goals and I know you can and will reach them!!