Friday, May 2, 2008

Mother Duck

                  

Yesterday, I made a cake for Mother, because it was her birthday... I thought I had all of the ingredients, but I had to go to the store, because I didn't have any butter... so it took me a little longer to make it...

Makes me think about that song that says something about the rain and the cake that took so long to make... lol... The song is in my head, but I do not remember the words...

Anyways, it was a lemon cake with strawberry filling. I made buttercream frosting to frost the cake and to make the shell borders. I made the pink and purple apple blossom flowers out of royal icing. I placed some flowers on the top of the cake and some little purple flowers along the border... and I tried to write her name on the cake. The picture doesn't do it justice, but at least I got a picture of it before I took it to her... In the picture, the flowers look blue but they were really purple...and the leaves and writing was a pretty sage color...

That was my good deed of the week...

 

When I took it to her, she said she didn't want to cut it, because it looked so pretty, but when I cut the cake and she saw that it was lemon with strawberry filling, she couldn't resist... I left her the whole cake and asked her to share it with my brother...

It was late last night when I heard the phone ring... I almost didn't answer it, because I thought it was Daniel... BUT it was Ralph from Kelly Services... Ralph called to invite me to come in to interview with his boss and to take some more tests...

It wasn't really an interview... The woman just gave me the job description for two possible assignments that paid the same... They are both clerical positions for a bank... After the interview, I took four tests...

The woman's eyes lit up when she saw my testing score at 75 wpm. The test labeled me as Advanced and I scored Advanced in something else (numbers)...  Intermediate in another and I don't know what I did on the last one, but I know I passed it...

I would have scored higher, because it didn't really feel as if I was typing that fast and I went back several times to correct some words, but there was a girl next to me who was very frustrated in the tests she was taking and she kept making comments of frustration... When her test came back, she scored 18 wpm... I was a bit embarrassed to have her know my typing score, because her score was so low...

On one of the tests, I was a bit frustrated myself, because I had no idea what the questions were asking, but I passed it, so the woman was impressed with all of my results and said that I would be going for an interview for a temporary assignment next week...

Hooray at a little bit of good news this week...

It's past seven o'clock, Winivere... Did you stop eating yet?!# Why yes, I have! LOL... but the night isn't over yet... OMGGGG... lol

xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake Win.  I love what you did with the ducks!  And what great news.   I found one thing with the temp agencies, one they give you an assignment they give you more.  And some of the assignment are temp to hire.  I'm sur eyou know this, just got my fingers crossed this comes thru.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Boy, you did a great job on that cake.  Made me hungry just looking at it and hearing about it...lol.  My birthday is in February Win...hint hint.  Great news about the temp job.  Sometimes they turn into something really good.  Good luck.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a talented lady you are.  That cake looks wonderful good enough to be sold in a high class bakers shop.  Fingers crossed for the interview next week.  Your day WILL  come   Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

wow that cake is wonderful Happy Birthday to your MOM

Deb

Anonymous said...

That cake sounds gorgeous :o)  Love the graphic xx  Yay to the interview fingers crossed hun xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

How clever your cake looks wonderful ,hope you get the job ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i missed you!
Just stopping by to show some love ducky...;-)
Lyn