Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring Fling

                    

Well, I guess I did good to make a bunch of tags last week, because it gave me a little break... but it looks as if I will need to get busy and make some more. LOL...

I was looking for a new pair of pants at Stein Mart last Saturday... When I looked up, an unexpected mirror forced my reflection to tell me the truth... Shocking... The woman in the mirror looks so heavy and so tired.... My eyes no longer have that sparkle... They just look so tired... The new styles in the store were so pretty but they are not made for this kind of body...

Too bad that picture of reality doesn't stop me from over-eating!!!! OMGGGGG... What will it take? What will it take?!# I wish my body looked like the girl in this tag... except with bigger boobies, of course! LOL... Oh, gravity is not my friend....

There was a woman in the store who was very heavy... but she was wearing a top with slits that revealed her big arms... I was surprised that she was not afraid to show off her big body... and she actually seemed to be enjoying shopping for clothes for herself...

Then, some people that she knew stopped her and asked her if she had lost weight... It is hard to imagine what she must have looked like before... The woman told them that she had paid $65,000 to get some plastic surgery done in Mexico... She said that she got inplants in her breasts, lipo in her chin and in her arms... 

Wow @ that is a lot of money. How long would it take me to save that?!# OMGG... Even $5,000 sounds like a lot of money to save... Wouldn't I rather have a car?? And at $65,000, isn't that more like the price for a house?!... And she says she is going to go back to get her tummy done... How do these people get so much money?! How? I want to know how!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, back to the mirror... I was SHOCKED at the way my hair looked... The blonde hair looked more like calico hair... And with this awful humidity, my hair just lies there... What happened to my hair?! What happened to the oomph? My hair has always been my crowning glory... so full of life... like the bedroom hair you see in commercials... OMGG... what happened to it?!!!!! 

And so, the drastic change... I am now a brunette... I know... shocking... 

Maybe after a few shampoos, my hair will look better... maybe... just maybe... Crossing fingers... LOL... What I really need is to see my hairdresser in Corpus Christi... The people in the Valley do not know how to cut curly hair... She is much older now, so I wonder if she still cuts hair... Maybe I will give her a call this week to find out...

Hummm... another thing to put on the list for President Bush's check... I hope it is a big check! LOL

1. Flowers

2. Chocolate

3. Fan

4. Haircut

So sorry for the attack on myself... My horoscope says this:

Dramatic reactions of delight and dejection can push you to extremes. What you like might not be as great as you think it is and whatever turns you off is probably not that terrible either.

I sure hope it is right about what turns me off might not be that terrible. lol

I am putting some big trust in the Lord by spending the money for a new pair of pants, but I only have one pair of work pants, so I really need an extra pair...

It was hard to find a pair of pants in the store, because even though the pants were at a bargain price, all of the pants that I liked were very expensive... I was surprised to find this pair at 1/4 the cost of all the other pants I saw... They are not pretty and the material is not that great... The pants are very basic... no pockets or anything fancy except that they have a tummy panel in the front that is supposed to make your tummy flat... Yeah, right! We'll see what they do for this tummy... LOL...

Still need to hem them up so I can wear them this week...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alot of times when someone isn't happy with how they look, they end up gaining even more weight. Once you find your self confidence and embrace who you are and love you at any weight or however you look, you'll find a renewed outlook on life and will be surprised how the weight falls off. I gained considerable weight a year after I went deaf, I was depressed and just not happy with life in general. Now I'm eating healthier, out walking Pickles every day and just have a better overall outlook on life. I've also come to accept certain things about myself, I didn't like or want in my life such as my deafness. I have confidence you will be able to find a job and feel better about yourself hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a big boost Win.  If you are not comfortable in your own skin things will probably not improve, just get worse.  You are depressed with how you look so you eat to comfort the depression and on and on it goes.  I will be praying for your self esteem to rise to great heights...lol.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Here you go...Breaking my Silence hahaha!
I'm really busy and don't have tons of time to comment...and sometimes i don't comment if i can't think of anything to say.
it also helps if you visit and comment on other people's journals too! Just a blogging tip :)

I went shopping this weekend as well. It was rainy and yucky here in Massachusetts but we seemed to make the best of it...all part of Spring i guess.

~Brittany

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your tags Win!  HOw did you get the the tag thing to move like that.  LOL!  I had a long list for the Stimulus check also.  But I think it's all going towrds medical bills.  Well, I now have A/C and fixied my roof, so I had a roof over my head.  Though I'm difinately goinf to get some chocolate.  Mmmm, Godiva Truffles!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

You know Win it is about  time that you started looking at yourself with a critical eye...if you don't like what you see DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..it won't go away whilst you think about it...what you see is also being seen by prospective employers !!  If you like what you see....or can even MAKE yourself like what you see ..walk tall..head held high..that is what your new employer will see.  Hope you don't mind me speaking like that but I think we are strong enough friends for some straight talking...Love Ya  Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Wini, is that your picture in the tag above?  If it is, you are selling yourself way short.  I know I hate to look at myself in the mirror anymore.  I've packed on 20 lbs and my face is so round.  I hate shopping because nothing fits right.  But, I either have watch what I eat better or accept it.  I'm supposing right now I'm trying to accept it.  I'm sure when I have my annual check-up, I'll have to watch my cholesterol.  LOL..I need a health reason to cut back on things.  Keep the faith...HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

I don't like my image in the mirror to be honest with you.  Well some days but they are rare lol...............I hope you learn to realise that you are lovely xx


Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

"Too bad that picture of reality doesn't stop me from over-eating!!!! OMGGGGG... What will it take? What will it take?!# I wish my body looked like the girl in this tag... except with bigger boobies, of course! LOL... Oh, gravity is not my friend...."

The above is your quote. You ask what it will take to stop you from over eating. We all have our limits, something that clicks inside of us that makes us want to change. The question is.........how many pounds are you going to let yourself gain before you get scared into doing something ? Before you just put your foot down and decide you've had enough. How many more pounds will it take ?

Please understand that I don't mean this to be rude. You are a beautiful person. I am in your position. I let myself go last year. One day a month ago I looked in the mirror and just couldn't stand myself anymore. At that moment I decided that I had to do something. Because I made a commitment to change, I have been more motivated, and I stray less.

Losing the weight has been hard. I have busted my ass with results that take a lot of time. But I made a commitment and don't want to see my heavy reflection starting back at me anymore.

There will come a point where you decide that enough is enough. You will know when that moment is.