Monday, May 12, 2008

Garden Fairy

 

Ahhh, Monday...

Seems as if everybody hates Mondays...

except me...

I wish I was among all those busy people

who are returning to work today...    

This fairy is so blessed

to be among the flowers...

I wish I had a little garden to sit in...  

I don't know of any garden in town

where I can just go

and enjoy the flowers...    

Every time I drive in my car,

I look for a garden...

but I have yet to find one...  

 Even the parks are bare...    

 

On Saturday,

I took a few cans from my humble pantry

 and I donated them

to thecommunity food drive...

I love doing "little acts of kindness,"

no matter how humble...    

 

My daughters called me on Mothers Day.

Makes me happy. =.)    

I had bought a pair of shoes

for my grandson  

when I was working...

I was shocked at the cost of postage

to send them,

but someone else had to wear my grandaughter Mira's little dress...

and I just didn't have the heart

for that to happen to my grandson's shoes...

 so I sent them in faith

that God will continue to provide...    

My daughter says

that my grandson was so excited

when he got the shoes...

They are Cars shoes

that light up

when he runs

and walks...  

My daughter says

the shoes are still too big for him...  

but he insists on wearing them

because he loves them so much...

Now, my grandson has his first

pair of light up shoes...

just like Nana's...

lol

  

I was surprised

that he is talking already...

His voice sounds so much

like my grandaughter's

that it is hard to tell them apart

on the telephone...    

And yes...

as usual,

little Bella asks:

When are you coming, Nana?    

 

Aww, I wish I could hug them...    

 

... One good thing that happened today

  is that I got recieved an email

 to file an application...

I think it is kind of stupid

 because when I responded to the job order,

all they wanted was a cover letter and a resume

to be faxed...

But who knows

why people do the things they do...

The problem is that the MicroSoft Word

on my computer

has expired,

and it costs $300 to get an update,

so I will need to go

to the employment office

tomorrow

to review the application

and fill it out...  


Tags: ,
F.Y.I.~ Tags made by Winivere are snaggable and sharable...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, thats so cute that he's so in love with his shoes

Anonymous said...

Oh those grand babies sound so darling!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a nice weekend, Bet your wee Grandson was proud to wear such lovely shoes...I too like Mondays  I always have. When I worked it was good to get back after the weekend to see who had been doing what..now that I don't work I look on Monday as the day to be excting cause maybe just maybe something very excitingmight happen any day...Today is a lovely sunny and warm one so that is still a bonus at this tme of the year...wonder what we will do ??/  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you have a decent Mother's Day and got the phone calls.  Hope this week brings you luck.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Todays kids love the light up shoes Winivere.My grandaughter has some lovely black patent ones which light up.So happy to be back reading and pleased you had a lovely Mothers Day.I keep saying my prayers you soon find work.Great Graphics.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ack, that much to renew / upgrade/whatever?  I hadn't heard of that previously.

Anyway, I sometimes really like Mondays, especially if it means my daughter has come back home from a weekend away:)  

Daisies.  I hope they bring you joy, and that your application gets off well.

Anonymous said...

Awwww so nice that you got to speak to your grandkids and your daughter xx  I know what you mean about wanting garden to sit in :)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

It seems like most jobs nowadays are all done via online.  My daughter was having problems with that.  We have works on this pc.  I can convert word to works but we have no printer.  Luckily I was forwarding it to work and printing and faxing for her or she would have been so out of luck.  I pray for you every day, sweet Win....Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

love the fairy tag
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/