Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Start the Day Right

 

 Balance Pose         * Shoulder Stand Pose *       Pyramid Pose

Started the day right with a glass of water upon rising.

Also, found this article in Woman's World magazine: Cure a sluggish thyroid ~ with Yoga! The pictures of the poses above look more advanced than the pictures in the magazine, but they appear to be about the closest.

For balanced pose, hold on to the back of a chair for support. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat twice on each leg.

For shoulder stand, dont lift torso as high and support hips with arms and hands. Hold pose for 35 seconds. Repeat.

For pyramid pose, hold for five seconds, inhale,and return to start position. Repeat once on each leg.

Seems ironic that the radio woke me up to G-L-O-R-I-A yesterday morning. The crabby old lady is back at work, and Magda came back to work, too. I continue to be very stressed. The scale continues to keep going up and down. Need to stop procrastinating.

Today, I woke up  15 minutes earlier, I drank water upon rising, and I have already started out the day with exercise.

Menu:

              

          Rising: glass water
          B: oatmeal, 3-4almonds, glass of milk
          S: 1/2 apple
          L: chicken breast, mixed veggies, salad
          S: 1/2 apple
          D: Tuna and salad
          S: ?

 

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.


When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.


He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.


He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.


This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:


"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:


"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

 

                                                         

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order for me to do any one of those poses.
Who am I kidding?
Something would have to BREAK :0)
Ouches-
Niki

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to start your day. The menu sounds good!
hugs,
Kathi