Friday, June 10, 2005

My Day Off

PicturesTHE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS Movie Showtimes  

                            THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS

Because I have to work Saturday, I had to take a day off. I went to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I am glad that I went alone, because I would have been embarrassed if someone had watched me cry. I would say there is a little bit of all five of the girls in me, but the ones I identified with the most were Lena (the artist) and Bailey. I do not want to give away too much about the movie, except that it is a chick flick, and I do recommend for you to go watch it. I was surprised to see that there are books about this movie out already, but I will wait to get it on DVD.

My daughter Angel wants to try for an art teacher position, so I had to make copies of the paintings she has made for me. I got them made on CD at Wal-Mart. They didnt turn out too well on that cheap little disposable camera, but hopefully, it is what she needs. While I was there, I found the Karate Kid on DVD. I have a huge library of VHS, but I want to get rid of most of them because they take up too much space, eventually, and repeat the ones I love on DVD.

There isnt a Half-Price books in this area, so I went to Barnes and Noble, looked at books, and had a mint cappacino. I love books. If I could, I would have a study loft full of books and a sliding library ladder...

The diet hasnt been going very well. I get so hungry and have been cheating everyday. Yesterday, I was so hungry that I really really blew it. I dont know how I managed to lose some weight this week, because I have really been pigging out during supper every single day since I have been on this diet. I had the wheat ham and cheese sandwich with that cappicino at Barnes and Noble yesterday. It was huge, but it was so expensive that I ate the whole thing~ with breaks in between, while I explored which books I wanted to buy, of course. I felt so stuffed! I will have to make modifications today, so I'm not so hungry. By the way, I dont recommend that sandwich at Barnes and Noble. It really wasnt very good and it didnt have any vegetables in it, either. The cappicino would have been enough.

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. - Beverly Sills

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to go see that movie.....I have heard that it is really great.
I got really hungry the 1st week of my diet, but I had to just get over it because I was determined that I wasn't going over 1200 calories.
hugs,
Kathi