Wednesday, June 15, 2005

EYE of the BEHOLDER

Remember the hateful woman who came in a few weeks ago! She verbally attacked me with all of her best shots. She didnt think I was old enough to have children, but when I told her that my children were grown, that's when she asked me if I was 50 or 60 and told me that I looked it. Boy, does that hurt the old self-esteem-o... But

Some people just seem to feel better when they make you feel bad! The bad stuff is always so much easier to believe.

Well, yesterday, a 23-year old male came in looking for a job. He admired the picture on my shelf and asked if it was my daughter. He seemed shocked when I told him that she was my grandaughter. He said: I thought you were about 28!

It's funny how a man who gives you a compliment suddenly becomes more attractive than he really is.

When it comes to men, I seem to attract more Flabio's than Fabio's. This young man might not have looked like Fabio, but he was good looking enough to make my day. =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell that lady that I said "What the heck ever" I have seen your pics and you sooo don't look your age....
Men can make you feel better with the compliments,huh? I have had 2 great comments this week from 2 different guys and they made me feel a lot better.
hugs,
Kathi