Monday, June 20, 2005

Disappearing Act?!

               

Thursdays are Worker Profile day. That means that I do the orientation presentations for the people who are on unemployment on that day. I warned my coworker ahead of time and he saw me making copies and preparing the orientation room. BUT last Thursday, he failed to call-in to inform my boss that he was not coming in on that day. As a result, we were short staffed and my boss had to serve everyone that came through the door that were not scheduled for orientation.

Today, that same coworker did not come in to work, and again, he failed to call-in to inform my boss that he wasnt going to come in. Last Friday, he left at 3pm. I think he is looking for another job. He is still on probation. Today, my boss told me that he is going to fire him. I am surprised that he didnt fire him last week, but I suppose that he gave him a break because we are short staffed.

Magda is still out on sick leave. She was going to Houston for a reevaluation and might need surgery in her ears. Gloria had surgery on her knee last month and she will be out another month.

Today, I helped about three pages of clients all by myself. My boss was surprised that I can pretty much do the work all by myself, as long as there is someone handling reception. The receptionist was also out today, so my boss had to cover the front desk.  

Because of my work schedule, the diet I was on was too complicated for me to follow, mostly because I just dont have the time to take any breaks. The only break I get is during my lunch hour, so I am not able to keep up with eating this or that on a schedule if it is something that I have to go get in the fridge. Some days, I dont even get to drink a cup of coffee. Therefore, I have decided to return to my original diet. It will be hard, but I plan to drive it hard for a week to see where it leads me...... After that, I will re-evaluate.

P.S. Today, I was shocked to hear a client tell me that he thought I was about 20 years old. 

Today, a client couldnt take his eyes off of me. He told me that he was going to give me the evil eye, because I have beautiful hair.

Today, a client, who is younger than I am, mistook me for anglo and she was shocked that the picture of my grandbaby is not the picture of my baby.

Today, my boss said that a client asked him if I know more than him My boss told me that he told him that I do know more than him.

 Compliments are like magic for your self-esteem. ~ Win =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you are super busy, but the compliments that you are getting are great!
hugs,
Kathi