Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Silver Platter

Nude baby girl (9-12 months) wearing tiara, looking over shoulder photo                         

Changes make me feel incompetent. Changes are always hard, especially when you dont know how to do things or where you are going. Living without direction all of my life, I have had to learn how to do things all by myself. I dont think there is anything wrong in taking out my own compass and making my own roadmap. Depending on someone else has never been an option for me. When I started out on this journey, I was highly motivated, and I was doing well, until he walked into my life. Some people are afraid of being alone. I have been alone all of my life. I am not afraid of being alone. I am afraid of being with someone who does not value my worth.

Today, I started a new journal:

 The Silver Platter

It is a food diary companion to "The Woman in the Glass Box." I plan to write down what I eat on a daily basis. The purpose for The Silver Platter is to become more aware of what I put into my mouth ~ the good, the bad, and the ugly.

When tempted to overeat, I must remember a few of my favorite things...

1. Art
2. Sketching
3. Watercolor
4. Bubble baths
5. Getting a pedicure
6. Sewing
7. Fashion
8. Books/Wisdom
9. Sight-seeing
10. Moonlit walks
11. Decorating
12.Feng Shuy
13. Making jewelry
14. People Watching
15. Sign Language
16. Meditating/Prayer
17. Tai Chi
18. Yoga
19. Free Weights
20. Dancing
21. Listening to Music
22. Jazz
23. The Ocean
24. Taking a nap
25. Spending time with friends/family
26. Journaling

and 27. Oh, I just love finding new places to wear diamonds.

SUCCESSES 

1. I am keeping a small thermos at my desk. I put a straw in it and this has helped me to drink more water. Before I know it, it is time to refill it again. I now find myself reaching for water more often than any other drink.

2. I woke up early enough to do my morning exercises.

Nude baby girl (9-12 months) wearing tiara, looking over shoulder    "I just love finding new places to wear diamonds!"

Lesson Learned: Take time every day in pursuit of the greatest desires of your heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to go put the Silver Platter on my alerts.
hugs,
Kathi