Sunday, June 5, 2005

Shop Til U Drop

         

For some reason, I had trouble getting out of the house yesterday. What's wrong with me?! It was Saturday. I  took a chance that I might be able to do some shopping at the Wal-Mart that is close to my home, but what was I thinking?! The Mexicans come across that border early, and there was no place to park. Upset, I drove 10 miles further to the next Wal-Mart. It was crowded there, too, but God heard my prayer and found me a great parking space. 

I have been having a bad streak of luck with black shoes since the end of last year. It has been hard to find a pair that I like, because they are flats (against dress code at work) or they are super high. Whatever happened to a normal three inch heel? Now they are all over three inches! What's with that?! For my work, black shoes are the most practical, because they go with everything I wear to work, but I have lost the heel on the last two pairs. Just my luck for choosing cheap, but I cant see spending over $25.00 for a pair of shoes. I was surprised to find a pair of black pin-up Mary Janes with a sexy ankle strap for under $10.00, and whatsmore, they were in my size. I hope they will be comfortable enough for work.

I also found a pair of Bratz tennis shoes in a child's size 3. I usually buy a 3-1/2, but it was all they had. They fit well, but I am worried that they will be too tight if I wear them with socks. It would be nice to finally get rid of my old pair of tennis shoes, so I hope they will work. They are mostly royal blue with purple and they have lips on the back. Cute!  It tickled my funnybone that there was a little girl with no breasts who couldnt fit into the size 3. It's also funny that the tennis shoes were more expensive than the Mary Janes, but Bratz are a name brand and I am sure they would have cost more anywhere else.

 Dont JUDGE me until you have walked a mile in my shoes. =.)

I caught sight of a woman reading all of the shampoo bottles and conditioners. How well do I remember doing that myself once upon a time! It is so grand to just pick up what I know will work and keep on walking. I use Suave Lavendar shampoo and conditioner. They changed the bottles, so it took me a few seconds to find it, but it put a smile on my face to know that I am no longer that woman reading the bottles. Suave does do what the others do for a whole lot less. My hair was always dry, but ever since I switched to the Lavendar shampoo and conditioner, my hair looks healthy and shiny.

Shopping in the Valley is different from shopping at any other place I have been in the world. You catch a lot husbands and wives shopping together. It's so funny that men cannot pick out their own underwear. People stare at me a lot. Because of my blond hair, they are trying to figure out if I am a Mexican or if I am from the United States. I dont like to grocery shop at Wal-Mart, because there are more married couples there than single men. At a grocery store, a single woman has more options at the possibility of meeting a single man, but groceries are cheaper at Wal-Mart and you can pretty much do all of your shopping in one place.

When I got to the grocery part of the store, I noticed that I had forgotten my grocery list in the car. I had to park my cart and come back to get it, because I couldnt remember everything on the list for the first week of the diet. I tried to get a watermelon and broke it on the floor. Hilarious! Can you imagine trying to bring that thing up the stairs?! So I exchanged it for something lighter. =.)

I couldnt believe how much time I spent at Wal-Mart. My whole day was shot. Still, I got some good exercise, walking from one end of the store to the other, trying to collect the things I needed, and I was able to deposit my paycheck at the bank, which is also inside the store.

I lost a shoe when I was unloading my groceries. I smiled to myself, feeling so much like Cinderella. Naturally, I looked around to see if a Prince Charmin' was close by to put my shoe back on my foot, but no such luck!

I was so tired when I got home that I flopped on the couch, watched the General's Daughter on TV, took a shower, washed my hair, and went to bed by 9 p.m.  OMGGGGGG

It is hard enough to live with the everyday pains of my body, but this migrane headache makes matters worse. Some people say headaches occur because someone has given you the evil eye. I suppose that's my fault, because some days I look really cute, but there are also some days when I dont. =.) 

 So today is Sunday and it is also the first day of this mysterious diet that I continue to keep a secret. So far, so good. My friend, Kathi, surprised me when she said that she has lost 3 lbs already. It's funny how I have motivated so many people and I am having problems motivating myself. Must presevere. =.)

You are never a failure until you stop trying.

A young man went shopping. He bought a small can of corn, a small can of tuna, a small jar of mayo, a small lemon and a very small box of teabags. When he came to the counter the girl at the cashregister smiled at him and said; "Dearest, You must be single."

"Why, do You mean because I buy so little food?"

"No, because You´re so ugly..."

When you see a man without a smile, give him yours~ especially if he is single and good-looking. =.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice journal :) I will be back ;) Cassie

Anonymous said...

I hate going to Walmart, I always spend tooo much money. It is great when you can get everyday things and groceries in the same place too.
I hope that this new diet works well for you.
Have a great week!
hugs,
Kathi