Tuesday, April 20, 2004

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!

Today, I am feeling so blessed. I have been receiving such sweet emails from people that I dont know. I do not know how people are finding my journal, but I am glad that people are beginning to understand what the Glass Box is all about. I suppose that it will mean different things to different people, but I would like to share what this aol member had to say.        

It was a precious gift you shared for your own self healing but it is also a gift that others can use and hopeful find an awakening of awareness deep inside the self. The metaphor of being trapped inside a glass box is so symbolic and represented for me feelings I have lived with for at least the last 29 years of my life. Starting with the death of my first son, and continuing onto my surviving a car accident that took the life of my mother and sister. For myself the "Glass Box" resounds loudly of a woman who has been trapped inside her own heart and guilt, refusing to live because it was not her right. Looking at the different pictures I realized there I stood in an encasing that if I would have chosen to I could have broken down. It is only glass. This entry touched something so profoundly deep inside of myself. I feel for the first time in oh so many years I can quit saying I am sorry to the world and to those I lost for having been allowed to live. For me that is what the "Glass Box" represents. My self-assigned captivity that allowed me to look out, and others to look in. The world outside my reach and myself outside of the reach of everyone else. Sheltered away, and shielded from feeling love, and happiness. Reading through your words I had to ask myself, "Why am I at fault?" For the first time, I realized how stupid those words sounded. I was not at fault. I was stupid and righteous for having believed I had enough power to be omnipotent and control life and death. So, I talked with my creator and asked for his support, and I thanked God for guiding me to your journal and opening my eyes, heart, and soul. I have decided I deserve more than this glass box. I picked up the first of what I know will be many rocks to start throwing at the glass because I intend to break them down. I have started eating healthy, have a diet plan that is realistic and healthy tofollow. I have been going on this since Sunday and feel great. I realize that is only the beginning. I have a ways to go. However, I am thankful for the great gift you have shared.I plan to come back to revisit the glass box when I hit the hard places in the road. It will help keep me grounded. It will remind me of my choice to live, or to shelter.You deserve your journey's path to be filled with rocks that fit your hand well to help you break out. It seems to me you have some very large cracks in the glass already. Do you feel the air coming through?

I am so glad that my journal is helping you to heal. There is no need to feel guilty about being alive. If you are alive, it is because God has big plans for you. Listen with your heart and He will show you the way that you should go.

Holding your hand, Win =.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have "rocks" in hand and aiming--Mary

Anonymous said...

Let him who is without sin be the one to throw the first stone! LOL... You are healing, Mary! So nice to see that you have been inspired and that you have discovered that you are worth it! Holding your hand, Win =.)

Anonymous said...

I know how I feel when I read your journal...thanks for all you do.

Anonymous said...

It's always inspiring to find others who try their best to live by God's word! I know it helps to keep me focused on what (who) is important when I get my comments from you or visit your journal. It kicks me in the butt and reminds me that I am not in control and the more I fight for control the less I am going to have. So thanx for being an example for us baby believers who need that extra insight, guidance and the occasional kick in the butt.