Monday, April 19, 2004

Prayer Request

Found out yesterday that my cousin Michaela's husband had hip surgery and will not be able to go to work for four more weeks. A week after his surgery, Michaela got laid off from the job she has been working at most of her life.  And to top it all off, some years ago, Michaela lost her daughter Barbara to uterus cancer. Now they have discovered that Barbara's daughter, Victoria, also has uterus cancer. Victoria is a freshman at college; she is only 19. On June 2, they are going to try to freeze it to see if that will help. When Barbara died, Michaela took in all four of Barbara's children and she is also raising grandchildren from another daughter. They are a total of 10 living in the same home. Michaela was called to jury duty and is only making $6.00/ day but has to spend most of it for parking. So far, the trial has been going on for 3 weeks. I hope that you will join me in praying for my cousin and her family.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win, my prayers are definately there for her.  

Lord, I pray that you heal Victoria of her uterus cancer.  And send work Michaela's way Lord so that she can support her family.  Heal her husbands hip quickly so that he may also get back to work soon and ease her burden.  Amen

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your cousin & her children/grandchildren. I'll also be praying for you, to help you get back on the path of healthy eating. Your doing great!

Anonymous said...

Lord hear our prayer. ---Mary