Saturday, April 17, 2004

My Trivia

Following John's lead, here is my list of top 25 Winivere Trivia:

1. I was raped when I was 5 years old. I sat on the roof and asked God to take my life. He did.

2. I used to design clothes, make them, and wear them the same day.

4. I did a sketch that was exhibited in Washington, D.C.

5. My grandfather taught me that math is money. I have been working since I was 5.

6. When I was 8, I saved all of my money to see Michael Landon. He rode by on his horse, touched my cheek with his hand, and smiled at me as he looked into my eyes.

7. I picked cotton next to the fastest cotton picker to teach myself how to keep up with him but we never spoke. It wasnt long before I became the fastest. 

8. When I was in high school, people out of nowhere would offer me work.They found out that I taught myself how to type and that I knew how to do bookkeeping.

9. I have been close to death more times than 20 cats with 9 lives each.

10. I died and came back, but I came back as myself. =.)

11. The doctors told me I would never walk again. I am a walking miracle and I counseled a man who fell off 6 floors into walking again.

12. I have survived a womanizer, a drug addict, a wife beater, and an alcoholic but have yet to find true love.

13. My daughter and I were homeless for 18 months. I took a job as a nanny and housekeeper to get a roof over our heads.

14. My favorite color is purple. Can you tell?!

15. I have counseled with criminals, with the mentally ill, with victims of rape and domestic violence, with families of high risk youth, done investigations in child abuse and neglect, and have found jobs for people who thought they didnt want to work.

16. I wrote a poem in junior high that a classmate stole and published. Dang!

17. I grew up without guidance. My father died when I was 3. My mother worked at night and slept by day. Life has been my greatest teacher.

18. My favorite place to be is in front of the ocean, but I never learned to swim.

19. I am super confident in my work, but shy in matters of the heart.

20. I have had about 3 or 4 birthday parties my whole life, and one of them, my family celebrated without telling me. I found out about it when I saw the pictures!

21. Selena Quintanilla Perez and I shopped for shoes at the same store. I was surprised to see that our personalities were so much alike! I ran into her twice, but I never asked for an autograph. I wish I had. I ran into her husband Chris three times after she died. I took her death pretty hard, mostly because I could identify with her so much. She was so full of life.

22. I have been a single parent most of my life, worked two or three jobs at a time, and was still able to get my bachelor's degree at the same time.

23. When I see an old woman eating at a restaurant by herself, I pay for her meal but tell the waiter not to tell her who paid for it.

24. I saved a child from choking.

25. I can put a cherry stem in my mouth and tie it into a knot inside my mouth.

26. I can take my bra off without taking off my blouse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your trivia Win...but I guess you and I had better not go to the beach together...since neither of us can swim :)  I'm glad John Scalzi had this idea...25 facts is much easier than 100 facts!

Anonymous said...

Viv~ A lot of my life has been negatives turned into positives. I hope I dont turn people off with all the negativity I have had to face in my life. LOL @ not go to the beach because we cant swim! I panic when I cant touch the bottom and since I am not very tall, that would be in the kiddie pool. LOL... I have always lived by the ocean and I miss it terribly. I used to walk on the beach everyday. Here I only have a view of the pool. Sighhh... This wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be. Could you have gone on to 100?!!

Anonymous said...

John's weekend assignment was like Mirror Therapy from the inside out. On the outside, my packaging may not be attractive enough for some, but on the inside is a treasure that only a chosen few will ever get to know. Writing things down so that you can see it at a glance is a remarkable tool to help you keep focused on your goal(s). Thanks, John, for helping me to refocus and to visulaize how valuable I truly am!

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your entry.  It's always inspiring to see someone who can take the negatives life throws at them and turn them into positives.  If you're interested, my journal is:  http://journals.aol.com/freya200/Inspirations

Please stop by, the entry titled "Freudian Slip" is pretty relevant, I think.  

Anyway, good luck in the future, can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I throughly enjoyed reading this.  I have been through similar experiences as you.  I can also remove a bra without taking the blouse off.  Neat ain't it!!!

Please feel free to check my list.  You can get there by typing Ginskia in the AOL journal keywords.

God Bless,
Anita

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was some list.  I admire you already.  
Mary