Thursday, April 22, 2004

LEAD BY EXAMPLE... 148.5

As I visit my weight-loss friends' journals, I cant help but feel sad because so many of them want to give up. Failing yourself is expressing to the world that you dont think you are worthy of loving yourself. If you give up on yourself, you not only fail yourself, but you also fail those who are depending on your support!

A word of encouragement during failure is worth more than a dictionary full of praise after success.

When we were babies, it was so easy to love ourselves. What happened in your life to change that?!

This week, I was stupid enough to listen to other people instead of continuing to focus on my weight-loss goals. As a result, I gained 2.5 lbs. How many times have I done that? I have to let go of that bad habit of allowing others to steal my joy, and I need to replace that bad habit with a good habit... a good habit of allowing myself to love myself enough to take better care of my body and to take better care of myself. 

I am a miracle. I have no idea how my body parts all work together for my greatest good, but I have an amazing body and I am wonderfully made from the Potter's hands. He gave me this body to house my amazing spirit and I need to take care of it so I can do all the wonderful things He has planned out for me to do! Jesus came so that we could have life in abundance. A life that is spent being overweight is a life that is only half-lived. Living without dreams is like a vegetable on life support. Abba, I dont want to waste my youth being overweight... I dont want to focus on beauty from the neck up... I dont want to only buy clothes that cover up my flaws... and I dont want to keep myself so busy in order to convince myself that I am alive. Abba, help me through this difficult period in my life, because I know that I cannot do this alone. 

Some time ago, I saw a reflection of a beautiful woman in a store window. Something inside of me wanted me to look closer, because I wanted to know who she was, but I was taken by surprise, because the beautiful woman in the glass window was me! Today, I was in an antique store, and I was shocked to see my reflection in a full-length mirror. Thank you, Lord, for reminding me not to forget about the woman in the glass box and for showing me that You are always near.

No comments: