Friday, April 9, 2004

Good Friday

He gave up His only begotten Son that we might have everlasting life, but also that we might have life in abundance. Jesus gave up His life for you. Life is a gift from God. We celebrate life when a child is born, but as we get older, are we living our life to the fullest? Are you truly enjoying everyday life or have your bad habits made you a prisoner of the glass box?

This picture is from Mel Gibson's interpretation of THE PASSION. In this scene, Jesus falls and meets His mother. I could feel Mary's pain as she sees her Son's fate and as she remembers flashbacks of her Son when He fell as a child. This to me, was a very touching scene, because as a mother and as a grandmother, we dont want our loved ones to get hurt. If we feel that way about our loved ones, I can imagine how God must feel when we are hurting or when we fall, fail, and give up.

Some people do not know anything that is in the Bible. Like Thomas, they doubt in God. Sometimes it takes a great movie to bring people closer to God. I think it is great to have a relationship with God, because when you use your own strength towards a goal and you have God's strength behind you as well, you have two strengths working for you, not one. I have always said that God has a sense of humor. Sometimes He has to hit us across the head to make us wake up. Sometimes He just sits patiently for our YES.

Good Friday holds a special memory for me, because it was 24 years ago today that I had a horrible car accident and almost died, breaking a lot of bones and getting my teeth wired shut so that they wouldnt fall out. The doctors did not expect me to survive, and if I did, they said that I would never walk again. Like so many others, I had a near-death experience, floating over my body and approaching that white light. Dying would have been such an easy thing to do, but as a single parent, I worried about my children. I asked God to bring me back for their sake, and He did, but He also allowed me to walk. In Jan 2003, I fell at work, and I had problems walking for a whole year. Sometimes, my joints and my legs hurt, but walking is such a miraclefor me. I hope that I will always be able to walk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN....You said it all!!  Our Holy Father wants us all to meet him and to walk with him.  It is so sad that so many people choose not to do this.  I haven't seen the Passion yet, but the Left Behind books also do His work.  I came back to Christ through those books.  They are real and they speak to each and every one of us.  Happy Easter, Win, and God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

You tell it Girl! Happy Easter to you

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the preaching. This is not to scold anybody. This preaching is to keep myself in line. =.)