Wednesday, March 31, 2004

148.0

Eating healthy. Three meals a day and three snacks. Down 0.5 lb! Three pounds away from obesity to "overweight." Surprised that the belt I couldnt even get on the first notch when I started is now down to the fourth notch.

The picture above is of Selena Quintanilla Perez. Today marks another anniversary of her death/murder. Because she spent most of her life on the road with her band, she received her high school diploma through the mail. Sometimes she would go to the schools to encourage kids to stay in school. Although she was a star, she continued to live in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Corpus Christi. She was an awesome human being and I was surprised that we were alike in so many ways. I ran into her a couple of times at a store where I used to love to shop in downtown Corpus Christi. We would laugh at the crazy shoes, but of course, try them on to see how they looked. Selena was so humble, so down to earth, so full of life. She opened the doors for latina performers in a business where only men found success. Her murder was like a shot heard around the world and her passing set the whole world into mourning. Her death was not only a great loss to our Latin culture but also for the music world.  

Went to get an ECHO of my heart today. It looked like my heart was on fire with all the pretty colors. I dont know what the test means, but I have a pretty heart. =.)

AOL continues to ask for a picture to feature my journal. I had a really bad hair day on the last pic. LOL.. Cant have that picture featured all over the world. What if Richard Gere or Oprah see it?! Teehee....

Today, God sent me three people. Funny how out of all the people I see, I can tell the ones He sends. Only You know why You have planted me here, Lord. My heart wants so much to be near the ocean. I miss Corpus Christi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your .5 loss. Your almost there, I know you'll be there soon.

Anonymous said...

Three meals a day and three snacks ==SUCESS A GREAT 5 lb loss DAY !  your awesum, and I can feel that beautiful heart in the words you write--LV, Mary