Sunday, March 7, 2004

Corpus Christi Mini Break

With all the stress I have been having at work lately, Calgon just isnt enough! Palm Trees at Night

I miss Corpus so much, so I decided to take a weekend mini-break, just soaking in the sights, going to my favorite places, eating real seafood, and spending time with my best friend.

I was going to go to the St Jude shrine, but driving down Ocean Drive, I ended up at the church we used to attend. At the middle of the mass, we offer the sign of peace to each other. When this old man saw me, his face lit up and he blessed me for God's protection and blessings, and after mass, he came up to me and blessed me again. That was so unexpected but so very nice.

When I was on Ocean Drive, I had to stop, take in the scenery, and take a picture of the view. If you have never been in front of the ocean, you dont know what you are missing. View of Marina

It makes my heart dance to be in front of the water and to smell the cool ocean breeze. No wonder I miss it!  I wasnt really dressed to take a picture. The outfit I was wearing was one that I couldnt get into and it fits really loose now, except at the bust. ha ha... but this jogger volunteered to take my picture, so if it turns out alright, I may put it in my journal, but I really need to take my picture in something more fitted.

Bayfront View at Night

I found a size 4 pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and was surprised that they zipped up! WOW! I also bought 2 pairs of size 4 capris. I still need to work on reshaping my upper bod and whittling a smaller waist. I'm pretty sure I didnt lose any weight over the weekend, but I couldnt walk away from the area without eating a seafood platter on Saturday and a sinful bean taco from Baca's on Sunday. That's not too bad!!! The best thing is that I feel so relaxed. I hope this feeling lasts for the whole week! ha ha Definitely need to make time to take more mini-breaks! =.)

USS Lexington

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I know what you mean about the ocean view. I lived in Hawaii for 2 years & I miss it so much. There's nothing like the smell or the sight as the waves roll in or the sun setting. Ahhh the memories.

Anonymous said...

I bet it helped you to relax a little getting away to somewhere you wanted to be and missed so much! Time flies by so fast when you do something like that though doesnt it? Size 4?? I envy you :) Congrats on your sucess at losing weight!You are doing so good!

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe I found someone who is shorter than me!!! LOL! But it sounds like u are doing a great job! I would love to see some then and now pics of you!

Anonymous said...

The Ocean is just awesome. Its so relaxing to just stand there. I also envy you for being a size 4! Congrats on your weight loss....and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Oh good for you getting out and doing something for yourself. I lived in Denham Springs, LA when I was a teenager and got to go over to Biloxi a few times. How beautiful the water is. I would love to get away, but I would go to Sandpoint, ID (just about an hour 1/2 away) and go to the Cold Water Creek outlet. I haven't ever been there but I have a friend who goes all the time and loves it. There is so much to be said about getting away, even if you don't get too far. Tracy