Sunday, March 21, 2004

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF, MY LADY?

A cage (my glass box)... to stay within its four walls until use and old age accepts them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recourse or desire...        from The Lord of the Rings

Life has been most stressful since last entry. Seems management is either neurotic or psychotic, which creates even more stress on poor insignificant peons like myself. Needless to say, manangement's inappropriate behaviors continue to put a frenzy on my eating habits. This has not been good for me during the past few days, but should that gluttony continue into my weekend?! Luckily, I have released anything that is unhealthy from my kitchen, but the scale will be able to tell the truth about my binging... I dare not look... least not until I have a chance to catch up with my exercise and return to eating like a normal human being....  

Also, more stress... found out that my childhood sweetheart might be coming to Texas next month. I havent seen him since I was 15. At that time, we vowed that someday we would be together, but so much time has passed, I doubt if he remembers that promise.  I am afraid of what I might find, for it is my memory of him that holds my heart captive.

Vida, dime quien eres tu? Ponle nombre a tu seduccion. Donde esta la otra mitad de mi corazon?! Vida, caja de sorpresas de historias que me faltan por contar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The memory of a love that once was, the possibility of the recapture ... I believe in fate, if it's meant to be it will be. Don't let the binging get to you. You realize what's occured & you can eat healthy. Live for today!

Anonymous said...

My meeting with my childhood sweetheart is not about recapturing a lost love. It is about the memory of a boy who captured my heart. I do not know the man the boy has become, and I am afraid that the man will not be able to compare with the boy. But in order to complete unfinished business, I need to meet the man to see if my heart continues to be under his spell or if I can finally set my heart free to love someone else.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Win...I remember my first REAL crush...His name was Gordon and he let me where his sweat suit jacket. To this day I think of him whenever I smell Tide!!! He was wonderful. You have fun with this man and just remember younger times. I know you will enjoy yourselves!
Tracy