Sunday, February 8, 2004

The Voices, The Voices

               

Shouldnt have told mom that I was losing weight. Should have just lost the weight and let her notice by herself... Still hearing her voice rambling in my head... Yes, but it's not good enough. You arent losing the weight fast enough. You still have a long way to go... My goodness! Is this what my clients experienced when they heard those voices in their heads?!

It was hard to concentrate in mass this morning, because I felt hurt from my mother's constant criticism. I lit a candle after mass, gave thanks, and brought my petitions unto the Lord. And then, I felt stupid. 

I felt stupid, because these past 8 days, I have only seen the one set of footprints. God knows what I need before I even ask. He will take care of the things I cannot take care of myself, and He will take away my sackcloth and clothe me in joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sad to hear that your mother is so critical of you, I completely understand as I haven't really spoken to mother in years for the same reason. I can't allow myself to let other people hurt me so I surround myself with people who want to be happy & who are happy for the person that I am.