Wednesday, February 4, 2004

7 Miles

Moon & Stars

Such a beautiful moon out tonight. Walked in the moonlight, with my hair blowing in the breeze, thinking about my weight-loss journey and thinking seriously about the Woman in the Glass Box. It is really cruel that I have kept her locked up in there for so long. My goal was to lose the weight last year, but with the fall in January, all I did was gain more weight, because I wasnt able to walk or stand very much. It's taken me a whole year to recooperate from that fall.

I thank God that I am now able to wear high heels and that I am able to walk again. Tonight, the breeze felt so good on my face, that I just kept on walking and walking. I am pretty sure I walked at least 7 miles or more. I could have kept going, but I dont want to be so sore that I wont be able to take my walk tomorrow.

I am afraid to face the scale this week, because I have messed up too many times. It was that McDonald's breakfast with mom that started it all. I dont know why my mother has always been so critical of me. Sometimes, it really hurts, but I just bite my lip and take her words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try not to let your mother's words cut to deep. I have found in the last few years that my mother is critical of my weight & other actions because she is insecure in her own body and actions. Do your best & let her know that critisism is not what you need & if she can't stop the hurtful remarks then you will come around less.