Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Achy Breaky Heart

Took the nurse an hour to find my vein and take out blood. I hate getting my blood drawn because I always look like a drug addict when I am through from all the missed holes in my arms. She says the reason why they have trouble finding my veins is because I have too much muscle in my arms. Is there a way that you can decrease muscle in your arms?!! There is a research question for you, Dollbabi.

They are going to check everything. My blood pressure is still extremely high. Feeling extremely dizzy. Heart not working right. Have a leak in my heart. Had to go to  two pharmacies to get my meds filled, because one pharmacy ran out. Was hoping to go to work today but not feeling well enough.

Do want to try to walk later this evening, even if it is only one mile. Hope this heart condition doesnt interfere with my weightloss and exercise program.

I told my son in law that I am trying to lose weight and that I am now walking six miles. I think he misunderstood, because he immediately asked: What happened? Did your car break down?!

Tee hee...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so badly...Look to the Lord, He will sustain you. I will add you to my prayers. I love your son in laws comment! Just like a man isn't it? :-)
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of having to big of muscles so you can't find the veins but I will research it. Normally when you can't find a vein it'[s due to dehydration or possibly something causing your veins to contrict. If I were you I would look for a second oppinion, because muscle is the most important thing for our bodies as we age. I think as long as you feel strong enough & you take it easy a mile shouldn't hurt, just make for sure to listen to your body.