Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Whisper In The Wind

 
The latest buzz
is that the Valley is waiting
for Hurricane Dolly...
The weatherman says the eye should hit us
in about seven hours...
 
The Valley people are probably
running around with their heads cut off,
trying to get what they will need to survive
for at least a couple of days...
boards, sand, candles, matches,
canned goods, manual can opener,
radio with batteries, flashlight, etc...
On the news, a man was gathering
his own sand at the beach today,
because the local police ran out
of sand to give to the people...
 
I hope it will be a pleasant storm...
I love storms...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you will be all right. I love storms too! Just not the ones that destroy life. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

By now you should have some storms.  I hope you have some candles and canned goods, too.  We've lost power for 7-10 days when Irene, Jeanne, Rita and Wilma went thru.  Hehee, I just took a  visual inventory...I have 8 candles where on my coffee table and end ends & 2 flashlig flashlights on the refrigerator.  Beautiful graphic Win.  Be careful hun..thinking of you.  hugs & blessings,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

The eye will have hit you by about now, Win. Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Are you nutty GF?  I love storms too but not huricanes...LOL.  Hope you are safe.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hello Dolly............

I, too, hope it's a fantastic storm with little lingering damage.  Be safe, of course.  But, right, taking realistic precautions, then have faith enough to leave it in God's hands after.  Hurricanes are beautiful, too (just really hope you stay safe, my other girlfriend stays safe, etc., of course).