Friday, July 11, 2008

Reflection

At the beginning of the year, I sat down and just wrote some random thoughts for 2008...

1. To always have everything I need. Three cheers for this so far! Yay!

2. A successful career, doing what I love. Still LQQKing for a J-O-B.

3. To never have to worry about money. Been worried for half a year but even without a job, I am still here!

4. To be healthy and fit and at my ideal weight. Oops... this one pretty much flew out the window so far, because it is not easy to eat healthy when you have no job, but the year is not over yet so you never know!

5. To replace my worn out clothes, purse, and shoes with nicer ones. Received a second hand suit, purse, & shoes from dress for Success but the purse comes apart & the suit is too hot because it is lined. (I live in Tropical Weather!) What I didn't expect is that one of my silent readers sent me a black purse! That was so sweet. Thank you so much for thinking of moi!! It came in the mail today.

6. To spend more time with family and friends. This hasn't happened physically, because I haven't had the money to go up to see my girls & my grandchildren, but I have spent time with family and friends through phone calls and emails. There has even been some improvement in my relationship with my mother. That alone is a miracle!

7. To win the pending case with the man who is suing me... Never heard from them again after the letter I sent. I assume the matter is closed.

8. More bubble baths, manicures and pedicures. I received a manicure this year when I went to a conference. That was sweet and it was free.

9. To go to Youth Leadership camp this summer. I have been accepted to participate as a volunteer facilitator in August. Will I have a job by then or will I be able to go? That is the question.

10. To get in the ocean this year. I already went into the ocean this year. Yay! Hope to go again before the year is over.

11. For my legs to be strong enough to dance... Still hopeful for this. The year is not over yet.

12. To do something creative... I have learned some tricks in PSP this year and my skills are improving. 

I would have to say that, even though I am without a job, I have nothing to complain about, because so far, it has been a very good year for me... I hope that things will continue to get better and that God will continue to provide for me until I can provide for myself... Makes me feel at peace that God is so good & that I can trust Him completely.

P.S... For any reader who is trying to find some 1953 coins for me for my birthday, I have decided to look for them from now until July 2009 because I haven't found any yet! LOL... So please keep checking your coins! Thanx a mil. =.)

xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one or two out of 20 Wini.  Better get busy.  You should have added "do something creative" cause that would sure be in the win column.  Your tags have gotten amazing.  Just look how far you've come.  Kudo's GF.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Even one is better than none and you've got goals : )  I 've always admired that you are so upbeat dispite what hurdles you've you've overcome and will overcome.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Your year sure has not been to bad Win. Thank God for what we do have.  ave a nice weekend.  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

still looking for 1953:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well for you, Win. Oh, by the way - in matters legal, NEVER assume.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

I think the greatest compliment to you this year is you continue to have a positive optimism about what lies ahead. I would say that is winning half the battle. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling happy after reading that list xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

YEAH for #7.  I'd forgotten about him, but obviously you couldn't -- here's to hoping he's GONE!

And, as for #9?  I feel as if God is thinking He wants you there............  whether to get a job now and then be allowed the time off or what, I don't know, but I suppose He does (and I could be wrong).  May it work out well in the way it's supposed to, with you having enough food and money in the interim, too.

Ah, to dance.  Yes, the year is not over yet.