Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last Week's Dish

Well, I spent all day Monday cleaning
the Living Areas of my apartment,
which may be one of the reasons
why I was sick the rest of the week (grrr)...
but I am happy that my apartment is cleaner
than it was before.
 
 
My toilet was not working for most of the week
so I had to fill the tank with water
to make it flush (grrr)...
But so happy that now
I just have to pull on the handle.
 
 
Although I am not thrilled
about anything that I applied for...
I am happy that I was able to
put in some applications in my Job Search.
 
 
I was disappointed that I was the only one
who signed up for the
Secret Pals 
and that there was
no graphic contest this week...
But I am happy that
I could devote that time
to sleep & trying to help myself
get over being sick...
 
Saturday was my birthday.
I was supposed to have met my daughter
and grandchildren in Corpus Christi
but they could not make it.
I was supposed to spend time with my best friend
but she couldn't make it...
So instead of spending the day alone,
I went to Mother's, but
according to the note that was left on my door,
she & my brother were at my apartment
while I was at Mother's.
Grrr @ I missed them by 15 minutes.
 
 
So even if I was all alone,
I thought I would make the best of it
and bakemyself a birthday cake...
But I was surprised
with ice cream & cake by my neighbor.
And she gave me a cross as a present.
(She is a nun.)
Wow @ she and her friend dropped everything
just to make my day special!
Well, as it turned out,
my brother & Mother showed up later!
They were at my neighborhood grocery store 
& made another go to see if I was home.
Wow @ that was a surprise, because
Mother never remembers my birthday!
But my brother does...
 
 
Plus,
I got so many birthday wishes
from my online friends.
Thank you for making my birthday seem special!
Thank you for making my week!
Every day this week could have turned out bad
But it's all about attitude; isn't it?!
:::Oh, so grateful:::
 
 
Forget Me NOT!!!!!!!!
xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a game of birthday party tag! Glad everyone got together at last. Your neighbor is a nun?! Wow! I guess convents are a thing of the past. You are quite talented in journalling. Love your pictures and animations. Thank you for the note. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

FORGET YOU...would you let us !!!!  Glad that your birthday turned out such a lovely day.  It is good to have nice memories for when days are not so bright. Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeite~Just when you thought everyone forgot, you got surprised!  Glad it was a happy one g/f!  Luv yas,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

This entry looks familiar...lol.  I did the same thing on my journal.  Are we lazy or what?   giggle
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday :)

I am happy to hear that you were suprised and spent it with neighbors and family. You deserve it to be special.

I have looked through all my pennies and still can't find one from 1953. I am sorry :( I guess that I will just have to keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday :)

I am happy to hear that you were suprised and spent it with neighbors and family. You deserve it to be special.

I have looked through all my pennies and still can't find one from 1953. I am sorry :( I guess that I will just have to keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'm glad that your mother and brother came back around, and your apartment was clean and tidy in time! (I'd hate a surprise visit when I wasn't actually, well, ready).  Glad you're feeling better by now, and had the neighbor visiting, also.  Here's to a grand, new year!

Anonymous said...

hey winivere, i was at a cake decorating convention and wasn't online much last week. i'm sorry that i missed your birthday-happy belated birthday sister! much love and many blessings for your daily life and esp your job search. entsala

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better Win xx  Sorry to hear that for a while most of your birthday you were on your own that made me feel sad but at least your neighbour was kind to stop by and eventually your mum and brother did too :o)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife